3cx for Android - server must be 3cx phone system version 12

Discussion in 'Android' started by mattm, Sep 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mattm

Hello everyone - just got done upgrading our phone system from v11 to v12. Very smooth upgrade btw - well done 3cx.

I followed the Android 3cx v12 installation steps according to the manual, setup push, installed the v12 app from google play, setup my profile on my android phone (Samsung Note II btw), but when i try to connect, i get the following messages:

Unsupported PBX

To use this client your server must be 3cx phone system version 12. Please contact your administrator to request an upgrade of 3cx phone system.

Our phone system is v 12.0.32.... with no updates avaialble from the automatic update checker. Our license shows as 3cx phone system standard edition version 12, 16 simultaneous calls, pro edition features NO.

I swear on our previous v11 installation, this same license showed up as PRO, not sure if that may come into play at all.

2. AndreasP_3CX

AndreasP_3CX New Member
    3CX Support

Re: 3cx for Android - server must be 3cx phone system versio

Hi Mattm

Can you please try to provision your phone with a welcome email or by autoprovisioning on the local network and tell me if it solves your issue?

Best Regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. mattm

Re: 3cx for Android - server must be 3cx phone system versio

HI Andreas,

I did do that, and i don't see that message anymore - however i still can't connect. Sorry, i should have thought to append that to the topic.

On v11, i was able to connect via the v11 android app, so i believe my firewall settings and everything are correct. When i setup v12, i restored from the v11 backup, so my settings should be correct also.

My app now just sits in a disconnected, not registered state. I've tried over 4g, wifi, but it won't connect.

Samsung NOTE II with latest updates

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.