3CX for disconnected networks

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by David Winn, Jun 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. David Winn

Greetings,
    I'm looking for a VoIP solution on a fully air-gapped network which has no connectivity to any public networks.
    We are wanting to implement an internal-only phone system which cannot exit to the public phone network.
    3CX looks quite affordable, however in the admin guide it appears a constant connection to 3CX is required.

Is there any way around this requirement?
    Thank you,
    Dave

2. cobaltit

cobaltit Well-Known Member

Short answer, no.That being said, if it's ok to have temporary internet access you might be able to get away with letting 3CX 'phone home' like once a month or whatever the requirement is. But I doubt 3CX will want to divulge even that amount of information.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. 3CXDude

3CXDude New Member

This question was raised at a training session I was at a while ago and in general, the short answer is no. However, we were told that in exceptional circumstances it is possible and to contact sales.

This was for V14 I think, so that may not be possible anymore. But my suggestion would be to contact 3CX sales to explain your case.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.