Solved 3CX for iOS Beta Feedback

Discussion in 'iOS' started by Sp0oK, Nov 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sp0oK

Hi,

firstly thanks for opening the beta program to us.

I have just been doing some testing and one issue I have found so far is as follows.

When accepting a call and putting it on loud speaker the phone switches to loud speaker but i then need to press the speaker icon twice to switch back to the handset as on the first press it doesnt activate the button but on the second attempt it does and then will allow me to de-activate back to the handset. I cant send feedback via the app as I use the outlook client and not apples email client.

iPhone 7+ iOS 10.1.1 non jailbroken

2. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

We also observed that behavior since the first implementation, the problem is it seems to be an issue of the Call Kit interface - the speaker handling there is totally out of our control. Once we will have some improvement, we will provide a release, until then - unfortunately - we will have to live with it...
    Thanks for feedback
    vali

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. dan_tx

Does anyone else have an issue with answering the calls?

Specifically anytime someone calls, and I answer it on the iOS app, it launches the app, and then the doesn't pick up and I hear 5 beeps on the app. The call continues to ring for the other user, and if I have the app open on my laptop it rings there and I can still answer it successfully, but on the iPhone the softphone app is open, registered, and just waiting after you try and answer the call after it beeps 5 times.

It happens to the two users that are using the iOS app, every time a call is attempted to be answered. This occurs on wifi on the LAN, on GSM, and on wifi outside the LAN.

In the previous (non-beta/callkit) version, this same thing occurred perhaps 50% of the time. Now it is occurring 100% of the time.It appears it's something to do with the app loading and maybe trying to "pickup" the call to soon.

The other reason I'm pretty convinced it's an iOS app issue, is when the iOS app is open and on the screen, and a call comes in, you can answer it without issue 100% of the time.

iOS 10.1.1 on AT&T in the US.

4. Vali_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi Dan
    We were in touch also by email - sorry, I didn't answer because we weren't able to reproduce the issue and we were also busy with the release. I will ask you for some logs via eMail.
    Thanks
    vali

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Sp0oK

Hi,

not sure if this is a bug or how I have our PBX configured but when I press and hold a contact from my iPhone phonebook and call via 3CX it launches the app with the number but never dials just drops the call returning not found in the top right status. like it has not connected to the system in time?

Tried internally and also when connected externally with the same results.

6. Vali_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi
    According to what you described, it seems your PBX (or your extension, specifically) has not been properly configured to call "outside". Have you tried to call that number by manually typing it in the (properly registered) 3CX phone?

7. Sp0oK

Hi,

yes when entering the number manually it dials out with no problems

8. Vali_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

I made some tests, and now I'm almost sure it's a problem related with how the number in the Contacts is formatted - i mean 123456 or 123(4)56 or +12 (34) 56.

My test which gave me exactly the same behavior as you described was to create a Contact having as a number "abcd" - 3CX phone tried to dial abcd and got Not Found.

To be sure is this the case, let's try to use the last dialed numbers history feature of 3CX phone or its own call history:
    once your 3CX client displays the Not found, try one of the following when On Hook:
    - tap the Call button - it shows the last number dialled - and make call
    - tap Line 1 twice - by tapping repeatedly Line buttons you navigate backward in the last dialed numbers history - and make call
    - tap the 3CX client's Recents, the Out tab, then tap the last number and make call
    From my point of view, these three calls should fail with No Found.

If my assumption is correct, please show me how that number is formatted in the Contacts (if it has spaces, use _ instead).

Thanks

9. Sp0oK

Hi,

after performing the tests you have mentioned I can confirm that from the 3 methods provided all the calls fail with this particular number format for my contacts. I have done some other testing and certain contact will dial out without a problem and can see now see what the difference is.

The numbers that are failing me are in my phonebook in the following format +441234567890
    Numbers that are in my phonebook as 01234567890 will dial out without any problem

what I dont want to have to do is go through all my contacts and change +44 numbers to 0 as this will take a while with the ammount of contacts in there. So would this be an issue with how the client is interperating the number?

10. Vali_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

No, you don't have to change all your contacts, the PBX can handle them as they are, all you have to do is to create on the Management Console an outbound rule which convert +44 prefix to 0. Easy to say, difficult to do - this is for me, because I'm not familiar with PBX configuration, all I know it is possible, so you're on your own there.
    Hope it helps.

Later Edit: it seems the best way to do this is via Management Console/Settings/E164 Processing page.

11. Sp0oK

Hi,

I have ammended the E164 configuration on the PBX and can confirm that it's now handling the +44 correctly and those numbers are dialing without any issues. Thanks for looking into it.

12. dan_tx

Quick update on the issue I was having.

Vali helped identify what was going on. It looks like the PUSH notification does not like you messing with the Inbound Parameter "CallerNum" , since it uses that to setup the call to the 3CX PBX. We had that changed to Display Name so incoming calls to 3cx pbx from another 3rd party PBX showed the receiver who was calling them instead of a number. Once that was changed to the default PUSH answering worked great.

Looks like the PUSH really only sends that information and not much else to identify the call, like the CallerDispName or CallerName. Once those things are added to the PUSH we will likely be able to get caller ID to the IOS PUSH notifications beyond just the CallerNum like we want.

Thanks Vali, enjoying the beta alot more now. :mrgreen:

13. roadwings

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE ADD SHARED PARKING SUPPORT!!!!!

Why/how is this not already on the app? I have mentioned this multiple times for months.

There was a workaround for the lack of this functionality (type in SP1 with the iOS keyboard), but that workaround is no longer possible with the new iOS app. Please add a screen on the iOS app that lists the shared parking spots as BLF's. Look into how the Zultys does it if you need inspiration. I would absolutely love this PBX if each 'update' didn't remove features/functions.

14. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

Does the new BETA app have the ability to use an html link like tel:// ?
    All internal email at our company has the users extension in the signature (pulled from AD).
    I would like to put a link on that number so if they have 3cx installed, they can use the link.

15. craigreilly

The only way it IS possible it seems is to create a Contact on the phone and the number is SP1, SP2, etc. You can not do this in the 3cx phonebook as the numbers must be numbers.

roadwings likes this.
  16. Vali_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Craig, you may use tcxcallto; to give it a try, in the Notes write
    tcxcallto://999
    press Done and then tap the link to see if it's working.

17. Vali_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Craig, just come in mind your comment:
    I think you're wrong here, you can create a SP personal contact into the 3CXPhoneSystem phonebook, I just tried:
    - tap the Contacts tab button
    - tap the "+" on top-right
    - Set "First" (name) as, let's say, "Shared Parking 0"
    - Set "Phone" as "SP0"
    - Tap OK to save the contact
    Then you can call it when needed.

18. craigreilly

Well there you go. The Web Console in v14 does not allow characters in the phonebook - but the Softphone does indeed.

19. craigreilly

it did open the 3cx app, but it did not dial anything.

20. Vali_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

It seems Apple fixed this in latest iOS 10.2 (as I said, we have no control over the Speaker button)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.