Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

3cx for only incoming calls from skype online number -solved

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by clonick, Apr 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clonick

Hi to all experts and veterans! ;)

I'm new in this of comunications but old in computer IT, so i was found than 3CX es very friendly but i'm not familiarity with some terms (auth id, port, virtual extension, extension, etc) now i'm reading the most setup guides as possible but I come here if someone can help me giving me a very simple guide of how to configure the 3cx pbx for ONLY incoming calls from lines of skype online numbers...

so, for example, I have 2 online numbers of skype, than must be configured each line on a especific extension, so when in my city call to online number 1, must enter to the pbx and ring on the extension 101 and when I call to online number 2 phone, must ring the extension 102...

so right now i was successfull installed the pbx free edition with skype gateway, but I don't know if i must setup the PSTN or the voip provider, also I wasn't able to register the softphone and neither the -skype gateway- (but it conects and says pbx and skype reached!)

I will never make calls from the pbx (NO outbound calls)

thanks.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. clonick

Re: 3cx for only incoming calls from skype online number

my birthdayy is in 3 days (22) so comeone, help me withat that simple info!! :S :roll: :S :D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if you will be able to use two Skype numbers. IT would depend on whether or not, the Skype installation, on the 3CX PC, allows you to have more than one Skype user registered at a time.

It sounds like you will not have to set-up any PSTN or VoIp provider trunks. But, you will have to get the 3CX phone and the Skype gateway to show as registered. Are you using the correct version of Skype? You have to use an older version (5.3?), the latest one will not work.

4. clonick

Hi Leejor,

at now I'm solved the issue about the registration of the gateway and the phone... so right now when I call to my online numbers, it sounds on my phone.

but the next issue is than when phone rings, also rings on the skype in the pbx computer (i think because the gateway is signed in on skype) and if you answer the call, the voice is like a speaker in the computer too.

the other good point is if I buy another online number, could work or not? cuz the skype gateway have the option to add more skype port... each skype port is another line in/out? or what is?

thanks

5. clonick

okey now is solved but my way was for skype SIP profile (using skype connect) not skype gateway, so for any people than needs the same or similar, I recommend that way... more reliable, smooth, stable and nice!

6. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Re: 3cx for only incoming calls from skype online number -so

Yes, as you've discovered, the Skype Gateway makes use of the audio components in the computer. The original idea probably was probably that you would not be using the 3CX computer (with the Skype gateway running) do do "other" things at the same time, so you would probably not have the speakers plugged in.

I'm not sure that Skype SIP was out when the gateway was first released. The gateway does the job for a single, "regular" (personal) Skype account. If more "connectivity" is required then obviously Skype Connect (SIP) is a more "business like" route to take.

7. clonick

Hi Leejor,

yes, your response was vrey helfull for me as a guide and determine the way than we must take.
    and amazingly we don't fail, so now is "working" all as we dream.

"working" is because we have a strange busy tone right now, with a print in activity log: Currently active calls [none] the issue is in a new topic. http://www.3cx.com/forums/voip-skype-sip-currently-active-calls-none-busy-tone-28925.html

thanks for your help Leejor!!

8. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

At what point do you get the busy tone, after dialling a number, certain numbers, all numbers? Do any calls via Skype now work?

I take it you have moved over to Skype Connect completely now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.