Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

3CX for Windows - High contrast/Big Font Theme for visual disabled users

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by cisa, Dec 4, 2015.

3CX for Windows - High contrast/Big Font Theme for visual disabled users 5 5 4votes
5/5, 4 votes

1. cisa

We have a receptionist who is visual disabled.
    She likes the 3CX client but she wants to have some little adaptions to make it possible to handle calls more easy.
    She only can see things with high contrast (Big bold white or yellow letters on a real black background).
    The existing themes in the 3CX for windows client (gray background for the keys & tiny font) makes it difficult to see.
    It would be great if it was possible for people to change the font, font pitch, font-color and background in the 3cx Themes.
    A possibility to scale out the client (put it in a sort of maximized mode) would also solve some of the problems.
    Now she is using a magnifier app to magnify the zone she needs but it sometimes just takes too much time to find the right buttons right away.

2. dsack

Allow adjustments for color blind users

The statuses in the switchboard could using icons as well as colors to denote the status of a call or agent.

Thanks
    Dave

3. accesstech

Especially Chat is unusable for visually impaired.... Contrast of title blue on black??? Blue Font on Black or gray... This does not work for anybody who Needs contrast, White scheme is no solution. Ideally colour schemes should be user configurable (at least in some like a css or ini).

4. jasonhayes

jasonhayes New Member

We would love to see some improvements, we have a Service Desk person who is visually impaired, his comments below....

Hello. We recently started using 3CX within our organisation to replace an older phone system. I’m a visually impaired Linux/Windows user, and whilst as a whole 3CX has allowed us to be much more flexible in our work I’ve noticed some accessibility issues with the Windows desktop client.

With the majority of Windows-based applications, it’s possible to tab/shift-tab throughout the interface which will visually move the cursor between each individual control. I use the free and open-source NVDA screen reader, and whilst the above navigational commands work without issue I’ve noticed that the buttons within the main window are not labelled which makes it difficult to figure out which control I’m focused on. Whilst it’s possible to use NVDA’s dedicated navigational commands to physically move throughout the interface, due to the fact that these controls are not labelled it’s currently a case of doing some memorisation to establish which button does what.

Whilst at the moment I’m using a VoIP-based hardware phone, due to the possibility of working from home it’d be a nice addition if these window elements could be labelled; I’d of course be more than happy to carry out some testing if this was done.

Thanks for your time.