Solved 3cx for windows will not run

Discussion in 'Windows' started by steve matten, Jan 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. steve matten

I have a problem running 3cx on some of my windows 7 workstations and not on others. The one that is bugging me the most is an i3 3.07 GHz with 4.00 GB of memory. This is a 64 bit machine.

Right now I have 12.5 installed, it won't run. The system manager says the program starts but then it just quits.

History:
    - Clean install of 12.5 for test. It worked.
    - Upgrade to 15 and the system hung up at the C++ 2015 Redistribute at the end when it is trying the install the .msu
    - from there tried to remedy the .msu problem
    - gave up and did a system restore to previous version and tried re-installing 12.5, now that won't run.

Why does the program start (12.5 or 15) and never complete? There is plenty of memory and the software runs on lesser systems.

Thanks for your help.

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @steve matten

your machine resources are plenty for the PBX to install so i do not think the issue is there. Make sure that your windows installation is not corrupted in any way or that version 12.5 was completely un-installed. Ensure all windows updates are installed especially the .net ones.
    For v15 you will need Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable (x86) and (x64)

3. steve matten

Thank you, I am now able to install on the machines that were a problem. I removed any previous versions of Visual C++ Redistributable, and 3CX 12.5, rebooted and restarted from scratch.

4. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Glad to hear the issue is resolved

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.