• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3CX FQDN certificate issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinH

Reaction score
Got locked out of my console because the certificate did not auto renew (support is current). I kludged my way in with a Chrome shortcut set to ignore the error, but that's not ideal.

I suspect it's being caused by me not punching holes in my firewall, because for the time being, my "outside world" is a couple POTS lines running through a Patton Gateway, and with no SIP trunking, Leaving the firewall up means no attack vectors.

If the certificate renewal somehow depends on the "mother ship", punching a hole or three in the firewall is no problem, but I would prefer to only open what's absolutely necessary.

V15, one SP behind, static IP.

Thanks for any thoughts

Hello KevinH,
Please note that to auto-renew the certificate the PBX needs to be able to contact 3cx servers erp.3cx.com and activation.3cx.com
Please ensure that these locations are reachable through Https from the PBX machine and try updating to the latest service pack.

Hi

I am running 3CX on a OVH VPS circuit and all is fine except when I try to login to the Dashboard via the FQDN or the IP address I am presented with a Cert Error, if I choose to carry on then I can reach the Dashboard.

I have checked the IP address using DNS Lookup and it comes back to my FQDN and the FQDN comes back to my IP address, therefore I can only assume the error is within the Cert??

Please send me your FQDN in a private message so we can check why the certification gives you an error.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TLK
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.