3CX Free? and Linksys Pap2-na

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by leonk, Apr 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leonk

I just installed the product and it looks great, but got some questions to apply :
    1. What do you mean that is free (for how long ??) updates ??
    2. Is it possible to work with Linksys PAP2-na, or any ideas how to install it?
    3. After the first reboot of the server hosting the 3CX the 3cx database server and phone system services didn't start (saying error log in account errors)- finally found that the user phonesystem_3cx_ created by the installation had no password , had to change it and then came up the service.
    4. Is it possible to work with pci isdn cards lets say (DIVA - AVM) ?
    5. Why the forum is so slow ???

thank you all for your attention..

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

I believe the free version is going to be free for a long time. There are commercial version for additional functionality.

everything is possible the impossible only takes longer :). I do not know the device myself, but do a search on the forum and see what comes up.
    Alternative post a link of the manual and let us know where you are stuck. There are some smart people on this forum and most are willing to help you out.

No idea, why and how.

How do they work, can you assing an IP address to this device? etc. I do not think cards are supported as yet as it seems that the configuration only deals with IP based devices. But I could be wrong.

The forum went belly up last night (southern hem.) perhaps it related to that. I think they upgrade to a new server soonish.

3. NigelG

Hi,

Before doing any of the following you MUST ensure you have a genuine PAP2-NA which is fully unlocked, otherwise you risk locking the device back to a dedicated VOIP supplier with no means of access to settings

BE WARNED !!!

Anyway....

PAP2-NA will work fine with the 3CX system, reset to defaults either from handset or web interface, then log in via web interface and go to admin login with advanced settings.

Firstly go to the system page and set your required IP address etc and save settings, this will cause the PAP2 to reboot.

Then...

on the SIP page:
    Set SIP server to the IP of your 3CX server
    Set RTP Port Min to 7000 and MAX to 7500
    Set STUN ENABLE and STUN TEST to No

again, save settings

Then...

on the Line1 page:
    Set NAT Mapping Enable and NAT keep alive to Yes
    Set SIP port to 5060
    Set Register to Yes
    Set proxy to the IP of your 3CX server and Use Outbound Proxy to Yes
    Set Preferred Codec to 711a or 711u

Configure dialling plan to suit local requirements

There are many more settings that can be tweaked to suit, but the above will get you going in most cases.

Regards
    NigelG

4. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Thanks Nigel and ITfarmer for your excellent posts.

In regards to the forum, free and AVM questions:

1. The 3CX Free edition will be free for ever.
    2. I apologize for the forum being slow. THe new server is lined up, and after we release our new build next week we are doing the upgrade.
    3. You can use DIVA cards if you use their SIP interface (which has to be licensed separately) I dont see the point though, VOIP Gateways are easier to configure, cheaper and also can run anywhere on the network instead of having to be tied to a box. You cant use AVM ISDn cards because they dont have a SIP interface.

However AVM have just launched a very interested VOIP Gateway box which supports up to 4 ISDN lines and costs 495 euro retail. Check it out, that would be the way to go.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. leonk

Thanks for your replies......
    I finanlly managed to make the pstn register to the pap2 - the problem is that i cant make any external calls or receive. Change the dial plan to (<:0030>[2-9]xxx.|<0:0>[0-9]xxxx.) country is Greece but the messages are always something like that on the server

14:23:55.762 StratInOut::eek:nCancel Call from Ext.123 to xxxxxxxxx has been terminated; reason: Not Found
    14:23:55.752 Endpoint::findSource Can not find source by following specs: From: '10001'; To: ''; Rline: ''; Contact: ''
    14:23:55.442 CallConf::eek:nIncoming Incoming call from Ext.123 to sip:xxxxxxxxxx@192.168.0.5
    14:23:43.459 CallConf::eek:nIncoming Can not resolve target for call from "xxxxxxxx"<sip:123@192.168.0.5>;tag=71108b4f to "xxxxxxxxxx"<sip:xxxxxxxxx@192.168.0.5>

xxxxxxxx is the number or user name

any ideas i am really stuck

6. archie

archie Well-Known Member
    3CX Support

Hi leonk,

Yes, I have an idea, and a good one :)
    In the advanced options for your device you shold set Line-ID is matching Internal number, and Line-ID location is in user part of From field.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.