Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

3CX Free General stuff!

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by stobby256, Sep 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stobby256

Hi all..

Managed to start setting this up on server 2012. Good so far, got two extensions dialling each other (Yealink T20P). :D

Will add a Grandsteam gateway later in the week. Total, 2 incoming lines, and 8 extensions.

Questions are..

In the FREE version,
    - I take it that when someone dials in I can get it to ring any extensions I designate..?
    - No groups are included in the free version, so no hunt groups or group pickup :( ?

I'll get three phones up later tomorrow and work out how to forward calls and voicemail.

Thanks
    Steve

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Correct, on both points (at least up to version 11). If you use the Demo Key that was emailed to you after you registered and downloaded, all features are active but you are limited to two concurrent conversations. That may have changed in version 12. I seem to recall seeing something about Demo being enabled by default , but I may be wrong.

3. jpillow

jpillow Well-Known Member

I want to say from what I read it looks like ring groups are included in V12 while they are not in V12. But in V12 there is no caller ID, wether that is in addition to no ring groups I do not believe so from reading the brochure while studying up on V12 though I've yet to use V12 release version. I do know V10 has both ring groups and caller ID, but youd be using V10......

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.