3CX free - outgoing calls prefix with '9'

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by stobby256, Sep 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stobby256

Hi all..
    New to all this - will have a 3CX free edition running on Windows Server 2012, with a Grandstream Gateway attached to 2 x PSTN lines.

Will start configuring later this week.

My question is that our two PSTN lines need a '9' in front (BT Featurelines) to actually access an outside line - i.e. if I attach a phone to them I have to hit 9 and then the number.

I take it that this is possible within 3CX - or do I have to get the existing 9 prefix removed?

No doubt many other questions will follow!

Thanks

Steve

2. CentrexJ

CentrexJ Member

In your outbound rules for the calls going to the PSTN lines put 9 in the "prepend" field and 3cx will add a 9 in front of the phone number when sending it to your PSTN gateway device to make the call. Using this method you can set the outbound rules to "call to numbers with a length" of 7-20 and 3cx will dial the numbers presented with a 9 in front of them.

The other option is to configure the outbound rule to "calls to numbers starting with a prefix to "9". Tell people to add a 9 in front of their phone numbers and at the route part at the bottom where it routes to your PSTN lines, change "strip digits" to "0" so that it doesn't remove the 9 when calling.

I like the first option best because if you don't need multiple call routes its best not to use a prefix. That way if you want to return a call via call display you can just do that through the phone call log. Cleaner and easy to set up.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.