3CX free sip line issues.

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by filemakers, May 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. filemakers

Sarah from 3cx asked me to post this Bug here

If routing a inbound call direct to a sip account from a number providor to a internal sip id
    (0845 1234567 ----> 1001@MYDOMAIN.COM)

You cannot route to the auto receptionist as you cant assign it a SIP ID, so you divert to a standard extension and then divert this to the Auto Receptionist after 1 second, However although the Auto Receptionist will play the options it will not react to any of the options selected.

2. davidbenwell

davidbenwell Active Member

Re: BUG REPORT - From UK

Hi, i don't quite understand what it is your trying to do, so im going to guess here

1. You have a VoIP Provider who as given you a 0845 1234567 number
    2. You are trying to route this number 1001@MYDOMAIN.COM

I need to know what it is your trying to do with this in a bit more detail.

normally the use of direct dial SIP is to allow customers to call you over VOIP without dialig a phone number and therefore making the call free of charge for the customer and this is routed direct to the extension.

Example, dave@it-communicationsltd.co.uk could route to my phone, however 01702 66 88 36 may route to the receptionist

if you could confrim what it is your trying to get 3CX to do, we may be able to help.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I do something similar with a free UK number, but I send it to a ring group.

The issue seem to be the DTMF tones not being recognised by the DR. I would think it would be one of two issues (as long as you do, in fact, have two way audio to begin with), DTMF level too low/durration too short (if audio is sent), or DTMF SIP message type is incompatible. If you sent the call to a regular 3CX extension, then answer and have the caller sent DTMF, does it sound "normal"? Do you have a two way audio path?

4. filemakers

The reason we are doing it is because http://www.ipkall.com/ offer a free USA number , this allows us in the UK to recieve USA calls, without requiring a trunk or any form of subscription, they forward the USA number to the SIP address direct, we can recieve the calls fine, but the auto receptionist doesnt work.

5. mfm

mfm Active Member

Hi,

There I believe there is a ticket open on this exact issue. We will continue to work on the ticket, im unsure of its current status.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.