• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3CX Free - What happens when internet goes down?

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidlunt

Reaction score
Hi,

Sorry for such a basic question but I am new to the world of Voip. I have successfully set up 3CX free with an Orbtalk trunk and can successfully receive incoming calls, make calls and forward calls out of hours.

What I can't work out is how to ensure that if the internet goes down calls are forwarded to a mobile, I asked our trunk provider Orbtalk and they said I can set up a number in their portal if it goes down but I wouldn't have the internet to do it. They said that I should be able to do it through 3CX.

I am a little confused by this because how can 3CX tell the trunk to forward calls if there is no internet?

I would be grateful for any help.

Thanks David

They are incorrect on the 3CX part. Sure you can do call forwarding on a extension but that requires internet.
You would have to setup call forwarding in there portal. I am not familiar with Orbtalk but what i have seen with other providers "NexVortex" is that you can set it up so that if a call comes in it first tries to connect to your 3CX public IP. If no response you can have a second destination like a cellphone that the call will go to. That process happens automatically.
I cant speak for Orbtalk but maybe they have a similar process where it is automatic but again that would be in there portal not in 3cx.

Thanks very much for your reply, that's exactly as I thought it should happen, they get no response so forward call. I will get back onto them!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lars001
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.