3CX Free - What happens when internet goes down?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by davidlunt, Jun 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. davidlunt

Hi,

Sorry for such a basic question but I am new to the world of Voip. I have successfully set up 3CX free with an Orbtalk trunk and can successfully receive incoming calls, make calls and forward calls out of hours.

What I can't work out is how to ensure that if the internet goes down calls are forwarded to a mobile, I asked our trunk provider Orbtalk and they said I can set up a number in their portal if it goes down but I wouldn't have the internet to do it. They said that I should be able to do it through 3CX.

I am a little confused by this because how can 3CX tell the trunk to forward calls if there is no internet?

I would be grateful for any help.

Thanks David

2. tsukraw

tsukraw New Member

They are incorrect on the 3CX part. Sure you can do call forwarding on a extension but that requires internet.
    You would have to setup call forwarding in there portal. I am not familiar with Orbtalk but what i have seen with other providers "NexVortex" is that you can set it up so that if a call comes in it first tries to connect to your 3CX public IP. If no response you can have a second destination like a cellphone that the call will go to. That process happens automatically.
    I cant speak for Orbtalk but maybe they have a similar process where it is automatic but again that would be in there portal not in 3cx.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. davidlunt

Thanks very much for your reply, that's exactly as I thought it should happen, they get no response so forward call. I will get back onto them!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.