Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

3CX fully functional on Android but not on iOS

Discussion in 'iOS' started by williamsonchong, Oct 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. williamsonchong

Hello all,

We are not able to get 3CX presence or contacts (local or 3cx) to work on our iPhone clients. We can make and receive calls, though. The problem persists in the office and out of the office.

With Android, 3cx works just fine. Presence, contacts, calling, etc... are all working.

What's the trick to get the iPhone client working?

We have used the same setup protocols for both platforms, which is as easy as sending the welcome email for the extension.

All ports are forwarded properly and things seem to be configured correctly on the server-side of things as indicated by the fact that the Android version of 3CX works just fine.

I should also note that I only know 2 other 3CX users and both are having the same iOS related problem. So, this isn't unique to me :)

Thanks for the help.

Shane

2. nikosT_3cx

3CX Support

Hi,

please check your port 5001 if it is open as TCP as the presence information and the contacts pass through this port. By default the iPhone will check for the port 5001/ https and the Android will check for 5000/http. So as a first step check your ports and at the same time make sure that your iPhone is running the latest installation of the 3CX application.

3. thames

thames New Member

Hi there

I thought I would add to this post with my own woes. I have both Android and iPhone and I agree with the OP that the Android app is streets better than the iPhone version. I have trouble with my iPhone as follows:

I have IOS 8.1 on my phone

- The app crashes for no reason - just suddenly disappears. I have the latest version.
    - The hand-off between the system and the iPhone when I'm out of the office simply doesn't work.

By the sound of it, there seems to be a need for 3CX to look at these issues on the iPhone version. I also have the BRIA app which I have to say works a lot better and is more solid than the 3CX app.

Any help with setup on the iPhone to stop these things from happening would be gratefully accepted.

Cheers
    Chris

4. IliasL_3CX

3CX Support

Hi Chris,

The difference between the android and iPhone is that iPhone's insist on using https and port 5001. With that in mind ensure that your FQDN's are resolvable if you have setup the 3CX Phone System with https.

Regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. tropicd

Hi there,

We are experiencing the same issue with iPhones ios 8 and beyond. Our workaround is to purchase Bria but this is not ideal as our users still are unable to access features like Queueing etc.

We have a mixed environment and all Android users do not experience the same issues.

The Firewall Checker on the 3CX server doesn't check port 5001 but we are able to confirm that this port is open to the Internet and forwarded to the 3CX server. Our iPhone clients are configured to point to the public IP address so no https FQDN issues should be in play.

The iPhones will work fine on the internal Company wifi but not via 3G/4G mobile network.

I can also confirm that the same user profile will work on an Andriod but not on iPhone.

The 3CX Server is version 12 SP 6 and the iPhone app is 3CX 12.1.7.

Your thoughts?

Thanks

6. complex1

complex1 Active Member

Hmmm, very, very, very strange. :S
    Until this post I was not aware that when using the iPhone, port 5001 must be open. :O
    Never had issues with Presence, Contacts, Push messages, Calls over 3G/WiFi even in countries where VoIP-traffic was blocked. :)
    For the 3CX server I use DynDNS to resolve the WAN IP-address, but I do not use the default SIP listen port 5060. I use an other port number.

iPhone 5s - 32GB
    iOS 8.1.1
    3CX Server v12 SP6.1
    3CXPhone for iPhone v12.1.7
    Draytek router, port 5000 open and port 5001 closed ;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. qcom

Same issue. Works perfectly on android but not ios

8. aisonet

We are having major issues on our iOS 8 version 3CX app as well.

The app worked a lot better about two, three, maybe four or so versions ago and is getting worse with every new update. Issues are:
    1. Crashing for no reason and randomly, which kills the call you are on and the person remains on the phone on the 3CX server, so you have to kill the call in the 3CX windows app.
    2. Can never answer an incoming call, just says dialing and times out when on LTE/4G. This worked about three or so versions ago without issue. This is without using the tunnel app. Never had to use it, as answering calls worked without it until the last few versions.
    3. Making a new call just says dialing and then times out, not using tunnel app when on LTE/4G. Never had to use it, as making new calls worked without it until the last few versions.
    4. Support suggested tunnel app, that doesnt work on LTE/4G AT&T as well.
    Most of the time we are using the 3CX app not on a WiFi connection, so suggesting to always be on WiFi is not an answer.

This app is going down hill so fast my boss is actually wanting me to purchase a wifi SIP phone or ditch 3CX all together. We need this App to work without issues. You need to spend more money/time QA'ing the 3cx phone apps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.