3CX Gateway for Skype - Disconnect skype connection

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by JanP, Dec 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JanP

Hello,
    We use 3CX Gateway for skype for interconnection skype to our PBX. PBX v11 is installed on Windows Server 2008. On our PBX I had a Skype client installed V.5.3. At some point 3CX Gateway stopped working. It turned out that the problem is with logging on skype account on this version.
    I installed the latest client version 6.22. A problem with connection of Skype. When I try to connect to the PBX, session on the client call from the outside to the PBX hangs up, and the sesion on PBX is still active.
    I installed an older version of the client skype v 6.14. When I try to connect to the PBX, session on the client call from the outside to the PBX hangs up, the PBX session disconnects.

Client Skype, 3CX Gateway for skype, 3CX Phonesystem are properly configured.

Maybe someone had a similar problem, please Info.

2. complex1

complex1 Active Member

As you have already notice Skype stopped working with older version of their skype clients.
    3CX Gateway for Skype support the Skype client till v5.5
    Now you’ve got a deadlock: Skype support no older versions and 3CX not the newer ones.
    Here ends the Skype story.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. JanP

So, on newer versions will not work. Is there any solution that can call from Skype to 3CX?

4. complex1

complex1 Active Member

Maybe Skype connect is something to consider?
    http://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/configure-3cx-with-skype-connect/

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

This is assuming that you still have the older, previously working, but now not logging in, Skype version still installed on the computer. If you upgraded to a newer one that doesn't work, you will have to try re-installing the older one all over again. I'm not sure how all of that will play out.

I was using the older version of Skype, along with the gateway as well. At some point, several months ago it all stopped working as Skype decided that it did not want older versions logging on.

I did some searching and found a solution. (see link below)

Install a current version of Skype on a new computer using the same credentials you are using with the gateway. Ideally the computer should be using the same operating system as the one running the 3CX server.

Once it is installed and you have confirmed that it works (you logged in and made a call), you copy the Skype.exe file , and replace the same file on your current 3CX Skype gateway computer.

Here is a link to what I followed ... http://winaero.com/blog/how-to-fix-...-of-skype-and-continue-to-use-older-versions/

Since i had a second computer sitting around, i just used it to get the new Skype.exe file, and then uninstalled it.

You then have to go through the steps to allow the gateway to use Skype, and you may have to go onto the gateway and set up all of the "connections" again.

I seem to recall having to "play around' with it in a similar manner to a new gateway installation.

The new Skype version does not seem to have an option to prevent it from being updated automatically. On some occasions that I have gone into the 3CX server machine there is a Skype window asking to update (how polite of them), which I deny.

#5 leejor, Dec 5, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2017
  6. JanP

I checked these options, the replace to the file does not work. With skype connect works, but it paid subscription.
    Anyway, thank you for your help.

7. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Did you remove Skype version 6.22 and re-install 5.3, having that all set up, except for the failed Skype log on, before you replaced the file. the 3Cx Skype gateway relies on the older version "base" being there. It is only the Skype.exe file that has to be replaced to allow you to log on to Skype.

It worked for me on two computers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.