3CX Gateway for Skype not working

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jlabuelo, Apr 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jlabuelo

Hi all
    We just have configured the 3CX Gatewateway for Skype as it is explained in the intstallation and administration guide, 3CX Gateway console seems to conect fine to Skype ( account reflecte the skype credit fine) and to PBX (Extensions are green if they are connected to PBX also).

We have created an outboud rule for an extension so it will be redirected to the Skype PSTN Gateway we just created, however when we try to perform a call from the 3CX VoIP phone of the extension ... we get the error "Not available".

This is what we find in the log file (see picture)

¿Any ideas about what could be wrong?

Thanks a lot

Attached Files:

2. Chalky

It's difficult to see because you have, understandably, covered the outgoing numbers, etc.

However, note that Skype requires the full telephone number in International Format, for example 0044xxxxxxxxxx for a UK-based number.

You need to set your outgoing rule to account for this so that, for example, you still dial as normal but the Outgoing Rule automatically enters the 00xx (where xx is your country number).

I have included an example of how I've set mine up, however bear in mind that this is set-up for the UK so your settings might be slightly different. In the UK, you drop the leading 0 in the phone number when it is placed in International Format hence the stripping of the first digit:

[​IMG]

It's also worth bearing in mind that the 3CX Gateway for Skype also has its own logs for you to look at, which can be found under: Gateway -> Tracelog

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.