3CX Gateway for Skype

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by pstmg, Jul 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pstmg

Hello all

We use 3CX Gateway for skype for interconnection skype with our PBX. The problem is when calls are made from skype they are diverted to one specific extension, but when user pick-up there is no audio at all, just a sound like a machine working is heard.
    I think this is a firewall issue, can you please let me know what are the RTP ports needed ??

Regards
    Paul

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I still use the Gateway myself and have found Skype to be pretty robust. No specific port forwarding is required for it to work.
    What has changed in your set-up, about the time this began happening? Did you make changes to your firewall?

The 3CX Skype Gateway makes use of the audio hardware within the 3CX server PC taking the analogue from Skype, then passing to 3CX.

If possible, use a headset on that PC and try placing, or receiving, a Skype call to see if audio is working correctly. You may have a hardware or software issue (updated driver?) ,with the soundcard.

3. pstmg

hi leejor

thanks for your reply.

well the problem is this: skype user -> 3cx skype gateway -> PBX -> remote extension. This remote extension is not located in the same place where the PBX is. So now it seems to work now, because I've opened ports 6060-6062 (in the remote site) the same used by 3cx skype gateway.

Regards
    Paul

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Did the remote extension not have any audio problems with any other (internal of external) incoming calls? Once a Skype call "passes though" the 3CX PBX, it should be treated like any other call.

5. pstmg

not at all leejor
    The remote extention can make/receive calls without any problems. I've tried to forward ports but the problem remains... Should I check the PBX option 'PBX delivers audio' ?

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.