3CX, Gmail & IPCop

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by DexDeadly, Dec 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DexDeadly

I have the free version and I am using the DEMO key at the moment. I'd like to upgrade soon as I get things off the ground but I need to make sure I can get this setup working first. Right now I have my 3CX server behind my IPCop firewall. Everything works incoming calls and the like. I like what I can do very much. The only thing I can't seem to get configured is sending email notifications. I tried multiple combinations of a Free SMTP server and the one in IIS. I have 3CX installed on my Windows 2008 Standard Edition server. I have IIS installed running the web interface. I have made sure my IPCop allows the outgoing port. Atleast I believe so. What is the best way to get this working. I want to use my gmail account to send the information. I need this fixed so that I can get my fax working as well.

I might just be getting myself worked up seeing as I have a bunch of business cards on the way printed with fax and phone and I need this to work. Anyone able to please please please help me out here?

2. DexDeadly

Nevermind I was able to do it. If anyone was curious this is how I ended up making it work correctly.

I started off using this document.

http://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/send-emails-ssl-tls/ however the setting up of the SMTP server was not clear enough and missing some information. So I then followed these steps to setup the IIS with Gmail for relaying.

http://www.jppinto.com/2010/07/how-to-configure-iis-smtp-server-to-forward-emails-using-a-gmail-account/

Once I did this I tested using the send welcome email link under extensions and it came through. Thought I would put this out there since I had seen some other people trying to do this and didnt have any luck.

3. fellatarik

Hi,
    i also try and finaly it work
    i but : smtp.gmail.com:587 in the server name
    my Gmail user, name , password and it work fine..lol :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.