3CX going cold and dead once a week

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by qaisdev, Apr 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. qaisdev

Hi,
    I wanted to ask that if anyone is having same problem of 3cx going dead at lease once a week.
    Nothig is error logs just all of a sudden all the phones stop working.Is there something that i am missin?
    After restarting the 3cx services or restarting system all work fine.

3cx Ver no 5.1
    Vegastream 400
    Polycom 330 IP Phones

Any help will be really appreciated.

Kind Regards

2. RobLloyd

RobLloyd Member

Bandaid fix is to schedule a service restart. What OS and what version of 3CX are you using? I've found Server 2003 to be more stable than XP. XP works but when the is constant use of the PBX it seems to have some issues. Server is handling it well.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. kevin

kevin Member

Hi there

It would be interesting to look at this a bit more closely, and the best way would be for you send us logs.

Please note that a system restart will clear all logs, so the correct time to collect the logs is when the problem is current.

If you could set the PBX logging to verbose it would alse help to give us details of what was happening at the time that the PBX became unresponsive.

Note however that verbose logging can consume significant HDD space so ensure this is not an issue before starting.

Thanks and Regards

Kevin

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Please let us know what exact build number you are using. I suspect you are using an older build. Later builds should not have this.

5. qaisdev

Thx for the replies..

I have enables the verbose logging and will post the logs as soon as it will crash again.

Regards
    Qais

6. qaisdev

Last night i upgraded to the latest build.
    I hope it will do the trick.
    Will keep posting the progress.
    Kind Regards

7. qaisdev

Hi Matt,
    My 3CX is installed on win 2003.I upgraded to the latest version and since then it is working allright.
    But it has been only couple of days since i upgraded , i will have to wait a week at lease to give any reviews about
    this new bulid.I hope it does not breaks up.

Cheers

8. darrellchapman

We use to have the same exact problem. No information was provided in the logs (even in verbose mode). Everything just simply froze. However, since upgrading to build 4393 everything has been running smoothly.

9. Ralph

Ralph Member

We have a problem that may be similar. Once a week the lines seem to go dead. They appear registered but no one can call out. Sometimes incomming calls are ok and other times no one can call in either. When we restart the server, and in the case of BroadVoice change proxies, everything is ok for another week or so. This is happening on multiple servers and needless to say clients are getting a bid frustrated with having to restart their servers all the time.

Using the followng:
    3CX Phone System v5.1.4078.0
    Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Ed. SP2
    1 gig of ram
    40 gig HD. (36 gig free)

Any help appreciated.

Thanks again

10. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

You need to upgrade to the latest version, you are running an old version.... I am sure that will resolve these problems.

11. Ralph

Ralph Member

Good morning Nick,

We upgradedto the latest version yesterday. I'll let you know how it goes.

Take care

12. qaisdev

Hi Ralph,
    Yea after upgrade it seems to be stablised.It has not broken up since then.I hope it stays okay.But there are some issues to address.
    1)Call pickup does not work .(9100 + extention no)
    2)One of the party is not able to hear when a call is transferred to external number(i.e)(external 1-3CX-external 2) = (External 1 - External 2)

Rest all seems to be okay.

Kind Regards
    Qais

13. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Hi Ralph, Qais

We are aware of the call pick up problems. Our apologies for that. A patch will be issued (4393 will be easily upgradeable to this patch simply by running the check for updates application) over the next few days. We will check the other one, what gateway or voip provider are you using.

14. qaisdev

Hi,
    We are using vega 400 with polycom ip330 hand sets.
    I will be waiting for the new patch.

Kind Regards
    Qais

15. Ralph

Ralph Member

Good morning,

Glad to hear about the patch. Already getting questions about picking up calls :shock: and the transfer to external line functionality is very popular for cells etc. The sooner these get fixed the easier my life becomes :lol:

We are 100% VoIP using BroadVoice and Vitelity.

Take care

16. qaisdev

Hi,
    Thx for the latest build.It solved most of my problems.

Kind Regards
    Qais

17. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback! So latest build 4510 has been stable in your environment, with few stuck calls and so on?

18. BJReplay

BJReplay New Member

It's been fairly stable for me - but right now my extension is shown as calling - I know it isn't.

I can actually call (and the call will complete), and I can receive calls successfully - and the status will update to show that I'm in a call, but after the call has finished, it drops back to calling.

I think the reason it is stuck in calling is that I hung up on voice mail: I called a colleague's extension, got voice mail, and hung up. I then fired up the line status page to see who he was on the phone to (as my call was quite urgent, and I was going to call him on another extension if he wasn't on the phone to an important client), and that's when I saw my phone was still shown as calling.

So, I suspect that sometimes internal calls that get answered by voice mail can leave an extension stuck in calling state according the line status - but otherwise working.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.