3cx Google Push question...

Discussion in 'Android' started by Ouray RV Park Cabins, Apr 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ouray RV Park Cabins

I have a small problem still with 2 android galaxy note 5 clients. Using 3G mode (not wifi)

Both cellphones using the same extension account, and the Virtual Receptionist option is to Connect to that Extension. The problem I have is that when the phones go into sleep mode (screen off), it appears the 3cx client goes into a disconnected state. When I start the 3cx phone client, it initializes and then shows available.

If available, the call from the virtual receptionist always rings to both phones. However sometimes when the phone is in sleep mode- no calls ever come thru.

If I understand correctly, I have google push / cloud configured correctly from looking at the log. Yet I never see any data under Google Cloud Message ever get recorded. Is there something else I need to enable / check to make sure the Galaxy phones always wake up and go into Available mode for the client?

Thanks!!!!

17/04/08 12:25:50.320|100017| Inf|50|0009|: Call(YRLPJHYNWNKL): sent push request:
    GCM response: OK OK

#1 Ouray RV Park Cabins, Apr 8, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2017
  2. Ouray RV Park Cabins

I verified that it has something to do with the screens going off on these Galaxy Note 5 phones- the state says Disconnected on the 3CX soft client when I first relaunch the dialer. Then after ~10 seconds it initializes shows as on hook and available. So its almost like my Google Push is not working?? I just cant figure out why one of the phones is just not always waking up the dialer into available mode.

Update: This is not a Google Push problem. I deleted the account, sent a new provisioning email, loaded it on the Galaxy Note 5 phone, and it did wake it up. Noit sure if this is supported method of using the same account on 2 phone....but right now its working in 3G mode. Fingers crossed.

PS. So Google Push only supports sending the phone number and not the name portion of the Caller ID :-(

#2 Ouray RV Park Cabins, Apr 8, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2017
  3. RodSlinger

I am just now playing with a 3CX setup and have a Note 5. I'm testing the free version of the PBX software and the latest 3CX client from the google play store. I setup the Google Push notifications yesterday. So far mine is the only extension but do have access to a 2nd Note5 to test with to compare notes.

I have what I think is odd behavior also.

For me it appears the push is working properly. When the screen is off a call will come through on the 3CX client within a second or two of dialing the extension. But the 3CX client itself doesn't seem to be working as expected.

My issue is when I open the client it also shows disconnected. Then after a second or two it shows on-hook and connecting in the dialer window. About 10 seconds later it switches back to disconnected but still shows on-hook on the top right corner. The call history windows never shows anything either even after making or receiving several test calls.

Inbound calls are near instantaneous. Outbound calls seem to take anywhere from three to ten seconds to start ringing.

-edit-

Well I fixed my problems. Seems I referenced an older document with the port settings for the server. Missed where the tunnel needed TCP AND UDP. Also missed forwarding 5001 from the outside for presence.... Working well now.

#3 RodSlinger, Apr 11, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2017
  4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.