3CX - GW - PSTN

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Lucian, Apr 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lucian

Hello! I'm new in this domain and want to learn.
    I want to create a voice network, in my office, just for learn, without access to external. My components are:
    - 4 PC (3 with 3CX softphone and 1 PC with 3CXPhoneSystem15)
    - 1 GATEWAY (TOPEX Qutex Signaling Gateway)
    - 2 analog phones

The main purpose is to communicate between devices (pc<<>>analog phone). Util now I installed 3CXPhoneSystem on PC and 3CX softphones and I created extensions. Between PCs all is good,ringing.
    Next step is to set up a SIP Trunk and Outbound Call (i think), to be able to ring analog phone through gateway. I read and saw tutorials, but all involve providers. How can I create SIP trunks for my LAN, without provider?

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If you don't want the PBX to have an external connection, then the only option is a PSTN gateway. Single line units are few and far between these days. There are some two and four line units, but, before putting down some money, be certain it is "3CX supported" unless you plan on manually configuring it, and are prepared to do so.
    In the past there have been conflicting reports regarding 3CX ability to continuing to operate without an internet connection. I'm not certain how that "plays out" with V15.

3. Lucian

I have a PSTN gateway (TOPEX Qutex Signaling Gateway) with a VoIP card. This gateway don't have support from 3CX, but I know how to set it up.
    The issue I'm asking is how create a SIP trunk. More exactly:
    Here what are the settings in my case? http://imgur.com/LboxDFF

4. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

I assume that the desire is to create a SIP trunk between 3CX and the Topex as I further assume the TOPEX has PSTN trunks on the other side.

Unfortunately, how to create a suitable SIP trunk is dependent on what the TOPEX requires or how it is configured. There are generally two types of SIP trunks - Register or IP/peer. The first will require a username, authid and password. The field names may vary given the lexicon that a manufacturer chooses to use. The IP trunk will need an IP and possibly some added fields. In either case, you go to SIP Trunks, Add, and then select generic and populate the fields accordingly to what the TOPEX device needs. You may then need to do some additional configuration in the advanced settings to get the SIP headers to provide the correct information so that calls will pass correctly.

The main number is a reference so that those having multiple trunks from the same provider can identify what is what. Most will use the primary DID.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.