• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3CX hang-up calls after 30 minutes

Status
Not open for further replies.

mukkacow

Customer
Reaction score
Hi,

I have read many posts about call dropping but any seems to be near my issue. When calls reach 30 minutes, the call ear a voice that says something (don't know exactly what, will try call myself) and then the call is hanged-up by the system. Call are answered by the 3CX client on a iPhone.

Any idea what could be ? I know this is a very general information but maybe somebody know what it could be.

Thanks you

There is setting within 3CX where the maximum duration of call can be set in the parameters area of 3CX - "MAXCALLDURATION". The default appears to be 3 hours. As I have not encountered a call reaching that length, I am not aware of what message, if any, may be played.

Hi Ineblett,

I confirm that MAXCALLDURATION is set as default (10800) that's correspond to 3h. I'll try to call myself for 30 minutes and record the message ;-)

I am wondering if the call to the iPhone is handled by a cellular company and if it is possible that they may be cutting the call in an effort to control the charges to the cell owner for the data usage. Just a thought, but I suspect that as soon as you hear the voice prompt, you will know the origin.

The SIP engine 3CX uses supports something called Session Timers (RFC4028). This is negotiated on the call setup, and if the SIP Trunk provider also supports it, it will be used (if not it is ignored).

You can think of this as a "call keep alive" in a way where both sides check that the other is still active.

The reason I am mentioning this is because when providers support Session Timers, the default re-check interval is 1800s (30 minutes).

If the side that is supposed to send the keep alive within the interval does not, then the other side terminates the call.
We have run into some providers that negotiate a session timer, but when the time comes to send the keep alive, they don't.

By far the easiest way to check this if you can capture a 30 minute call, from start to drop, and look at the capture file.
If you can do that send me in a PM and I can check for you.

Don't think could be the cellular company as we have unlimited phone / data plan. Will try to capture the 30 min call asap.

;-)

The SIP engine 3CX uses supports something called Session Timers (RFC4028). This is negotiated on the call setup, and if the SIP Trunk provider also supports it, it will be used (if not it is ignored).

Don't think could be the cellular company as we have unlimited phone / data plan. Will try to capture the 30 min call asap.

Not the cellular company, your SIP Trunk Provider

But the calls that are dropping, appear to be going out (or being received) over data, as a 3CX call, not as a cell phone call. So they are using the trunking connected to the PBX.

The recording, being heard as the call drops, may explain some things.

The 3CX Activity Log, showing the call ending, may also help explain what's happening.

One end of the call is 3cx on iPhone. I use my iPhone in the office almost exclusively. Sometimes talking internally, sometimes to another 3cx person on their iPhone outside the building, or to a business via our Flowroute trunk - on their Voip, Landline or Cell.
Thats not the point.

The reason mukkacow mentioned cellular is because Larry led him down that road. He was responding to Larrys comments about it not being cellular because of an unlimited plan assigned to the devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julian1234
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.