• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3cx hangs up when using ## to transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.

zackai

Reaction score
So when I use ## to transfer a call, or use the transfer button to do the same thing, it hangs up on the customer, rather than transfering them to the correct person... We are using 3cx 7.7 and 9.

Any ideas? IF we use the transfer button, it will ask to input the extension, upon doing so, it says that there no open extension available, even when there are for sure.

Some additional information might be of help....

What type of sets are you using, and does this happen with all of them?

What does the 3CX log show, for the call? Does it give yu any sort of error message or a reason that the call dropped? This might require Verbose mode.

Did this problem just start "out-of-the-blue", or were some changes made to the system/hardware/network, just before? If something was working properly, there is probably an explanation as to why it stopped.

I will see if I can pull the logs, it is only happening to 4 new employees, who were just set up. But they were set up exactly the same way as all of the other employees.

I have no idea what verbose mode is. By sets are you asking about the headsets? If so they are plantronics, but I do not think that has anything to do with transferring calls through the pbx client.

zackai said:
I have no idea what verbose mode is. By sets are you asking about the headsets? If so they are plantronics, but I do not think that has anything to do with transferring calls through the pbx client.

in management console settings-advanced, turn on verbose mode, then replicated the issue, see the log in server activity log, then return back from verbose mode to medium mode

zackai said:
I will see if I can pull the logs, it is only happening to 4 new employees, who were just set up. But they were set up exactly the same way as all of the other employees.

Well...something must be different, if all other users don't have a problem. Compare the 3CX log of a working transfer, from a working extension, to that of a failed transfer, from one of the four new extensions.

Is the PC/operating system/anti-virus settings, any different on the four new installs? What about the extension options (tick boxes) in 3Cx for these new extensions?

Have tried manually adding an existing extension profile (one that works), to one of these four new users, temporarily, to see if the transfer works when using that extension?

So I have not had time to get all the info, but I do have an update, it transfers calls that we make, so if we call out to a customer, it will transfer those. But It will drop any call transferred that came from outside...

Have you had a chance to get the verbose logfiles? This would be most beneficial.

Most probably '##' is interpreted as 'end-of-dialing', even the first hash sign. Check settings of your phone, if available.
Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChristianNetron
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.