Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

3CX Hardware compatibility question

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Cypher, Aug 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cypher

Hello,

I would like to know if a OpenVox B100P 1-port ISDN BRI PCI would work with 3CX Phone System 10. Here is a link with the product descriptions: http://www.novavox.co.uk/isdn-bri-cards-openvox-b100p-port-isdn-p-40.html

Can you please tell me if it will be compatible with 3cx?

Thanks,
    cypher.

2. willow

willow Member

The biggest question is if it has windows driver support. judging by a quick glance at the webpage provided it appears that it has lunix support but not windows. If it supports windows then it should work with 3cx. it is not a "supported" card meaning you would be pretty much on your own as far as programming and getting it to work as there would be no template made by 3cx.

Over the years I have gotten alot of unsupported devices to work just fine with 3cx. it all depends on your knowledge to Sip and the telecommunications world really.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Cypher

Hello,

Thank you for your answer. Can you please give me a list of easy to configure or support BRI cards that work on windows? I am interested in only 1 BRI line so I wouldn't really like to pay much for something that I won't use.

Thanks.

4. willow

willow Member

it looks like the only one that is supported is this one:

http://www.3cx.com/voip-gateways/beroNet-berofix-400.html

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

It isn't enough that there are "Windows drivers" for a card or not as 3CX doesn't interface with any hardware. You would need software that talks to the card and creates a SIP trunk that 3CX can talk to. This is how the Sangoma PCI cards work. They need a Windows driver AND NetBorder Express software that creates the SIP trunk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.