• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3CX Hardware compatibility question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cypher

Reaction score
Hello,

I would like to know if a OpenVox B100P 1-port ISDN BRI PCI would work with 3CX Phone System 10. Here is a link with the product descriptions: http://www.novavox.co.uk/isdn-bri-cards-openvox-b100p-port-isdn-p-40.html

Can you please tell me if it will be compatible with 3cx?

Thanks,
cypher.

The biggest question is if it has windows driver support. judging by a quick glance at the webpage provided it appears that it has lunix support but not windows. If it supports windows then it should work with 3cx. it is not a "supported" card meaning you would be pretty much on your own as far as programming and getting it to work as there would be no template made by 3cx.

Over the years I have gotten alot of unsupported devices to work just fine with 3cx. it all depends on your knowledge to Sip and the telecommunications world really.

Hello,

Thank you for your answer. Can you please give me a list of easy to configure or support BRI cards that work on windows? I am interested in only 1 BRI line so I wouldn't really like to pay much for something that I won't use.

Thanks.

it looks like the only one that is supported is this one:

http://www.3cx.com/voip-gateways/beroNet-berofix-400.html

It isn't enough that there are "Windows drivers" for a card or not as 3CX doesn't interface with any hardware. You would need software that talks to the card and creates a SIP trunk that 3CX can talk to. This is how the Sangoma PCI cards work. They need a Windows driver AND NetBorder Express software that creates the SIP trunk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steffen Ekerdt
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.