• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3CX Holiday Options

Status
Not open for further replies.

kenttec

Reaction score
Hi 3CX Chaps

I have a suggestion for the box, every Christmas holiday I have to manually set and unset special holiday messages (Digital Receptionists) on customer's 3CX systems as they like to have a Christmas specific message different to their current out of hours message with the ability to leave a voicemail.

I feel this will be an easy fix by giving you more options in the "Configure Holidays" menu, rather than just going to a prompt can we make it so it goes to IVR, extension or vmail. That way I can make the xmas holiday go to a Digital Receptionst solving my yearly headache.

Many Thanks

Kent Tec

Reactions: brian-le
You can have calls go to the HOL IVR by not entering a prompt in the Holiday section but rather have a prompt recorded in the default HOL IVR and give callers the options your require from there.

Hi Charles

Thanks for your response, this may help with a couple! My main issue is that most of my customers have different departments, with different office hours/ breaks so we set the (DDI) SIP trunk to "specific office hours" thats when you only have the option to play holiday prompt during holiday period, would your method still work in this scenario?

Typical setup:

SIP set to specific office hours
SIP trunk Mon - Fri 09:00 -17:00 Calls Ring Group
Out Of Office Hours calls go to IVR
Christmas can only play office closed prompt, my customer want emergency support diverts or voicemails etc.

There are a few different scenarios you can set regarding Holidays and office hours.
When you set a Holiday the PBX will automatically go to Out of office hours during the set time.
Under Trunks and Inbound rules there is an option called "Play holiday prompt when it's a global holiday". If that is set then during Holidays the call will be forwarded to the HOL IVR and the message set there will be heard by the caller. If there is a message set under Settings / Timezone & Office Hour / configure Holidays then that message will be heard instead and not the HOL IVR message but the call will still be handled by the HOL IVR. This way you can set different messages for different holidays without having to change them through the IVR before each holiday.

Now, if the option "Play holiday prompt when it's a global holiday" is not set then calls will be forwarded to the Out of office route of the Trunk / Inbound rule and you can have different IVR's for each Trunk / Inbound rule that play different messages.

OK, that clears things up alot!

Set Play Holiday Prompt in SIP Trunk

Within Holidays don't apply a prompt and this will automatically go to HOL IVR

If only I'd known this sooner

Thanks for the help!!

Glad i could help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.