3CX / Home/Office Usage

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by kpms, Jul 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kpms

Hello;
    Forgive me as I am quite a novice when it comes to 3CX/Asterisk and still learning the basics

At my home I have prewired CAT5 throughout and I wish to have 4 Phones (Office, Kitchen, Living Room, Bedroom)
    I want one generic voice mail for all 4 extensions and I do not wish to have an auto-attendant. When a person phones
    all phones to ring. As well I will be doing some office work out of the house and will require 2-3 lines outgoing.

My problem is I am having issues understanding the lingo for "SipTrunks" and Providers.

With a SIP Trunk the "Channels" is that the Number of accessible lines?

I am doing the research at this point on what I need to purchase and get things up and running. My phone choice is the
    Cisco 7940/7960 running the SIP protocol.

If someone knows of a reputable SIP Trunk Provider in Western Canada that they may suggest. I have tried googling but
    finding way too much information or some places I do not feel 100% comfortable with.

Any suggestions/help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Kris

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

3. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

I wouldn't suggest them unless you like setup configuration headaches.
    Unless you already know how to configure them, or you know someone who will do it for you i wouldn't try going near those phones.

Why don't you buy something from Cisco's new phones? They can be up and running with no technical knowledge in 1 minute.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.