3CX HotDesking - File Not Found

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Micahel, Nov 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Micahel

Hello,

I am trying out the new hotdesking feature in the latest service pack upgrade to version 15.5 (yes i know it is still in beta at this point in time)

I have managed to register a Yealink T48G as a hotdesking phone, but when even i go to log into an extension on the phone i just get the message "File not Found".

I found on this guide https://www.3cx.com/docs/hot-desking/ that i have to upgrade the system prompts to make it work.
    I have upgraded all the prompts and i am still getting this message.

Am i missing something?

Any help will be much appreciated.

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @Micahel

Are you on windows or linux? Have you tried restarting the services of the PBX to see if that works?

3. Micahel

I am on Linux and after i downloaded all the updates for the system prompts it didn't work so i restarted all services but still have the same issue.

4. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

What prompt set are you using? Do you have a custom prompt set or using one of the provided prompt sets?

5. Micahel

I was using a custom Australian prompt set but ended up changing it back to default standard English prompt set and i am still having the same result.

6. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Please check your inbox as i have sent you a p.m.

7. Micahel

So you were able to download the files from another 3CX server that has the latest update?
    I will try this to see if that will also work for me.

8. Micahel

I tried copying the prompt set from another tenancy but my pbx wouldn't recognize the log in and out files.
    I deleted the entire English prompt set and re-downloaded it and now i have the correct files.
    The problem i am having now is that the phone isn't loading the user i am logging in with.
    On the screen it still says HD00001, however in the management console under the hotdesking tab it says i am logged into the hotdesking phone.

Any thoughts on this?

9. StefanW

StefanW Head of Customer Support and Training
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. Micahel

Hello Stefan,
    Not sure if you noticed but in my original post you can see i have already mentioned i have followed those steps from that link.
    Anyway....
    I have now upgraded to the stable version of SP2 this morning.
    I have also factory reset the Yealink T48G and deleted the hot desking extension and recreated. I have done this just to start fresh and it still isn't working.

I now think i know why this isn't working.
    I am using an SBC programmed on a Raspberry Pi 3. I have had a quick look on the internet and i can see that the PnP provisioning method will not work through a raspberry pi SBC but will work through a Windows SBC.

Does anyone know if there is a way to get the PnP provisioning method to work on the raspberry pi 3??

11. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

PNP will work on raspberry pi. Ensure you have the latest update.

As for the custom Australian prompset - When you copied it, the prompt files for HD were not there.

We incremented the version online to force a standard English prompt set update. Do that update. Then recreate the prompt set from that version. There will be 4 added files. Those are the ones you need.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.