Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

3CX Hotdesking with Polycom

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Remco, May 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Remco

Hi,

Let me first let you know why I post this, for the past 3 years I've mainly worked with Polycom, a year ago we also did tests with Yealink and recently with Snom. My findings were that Polycom and Snom have the best audio, certainly when you work using a headset, the templates for Polycom and Snom are also the easiest to modify.
    Now the hotdesking with Polycom isn't really explained anywhere but is the easiest to deploy compared to Snom or Yealink.
    This is how you do it:

1. Make sure all the mac addresses of the phones are linked to extensions. (import csv)

2. Add a few rules to the Polycom provisioning template:

There are other values you can add, but those are the main ones.

3. Make an extension.cfg file (100.cfg) in your provisioning folder that looks like this:

If you need to make 50+ extensions this can be scripted, I used such a script for over 400 extensions without 1 flaw.
    You'll need to add the blf's in here manually if you want the users to have them, or they can just add them their selves.

4. Plug in the phones and let the users login using their login and password.

Done, you now have company wide hotdesking, for 10 or 400 telephones. This is tested with Polycom ip 335, 450 and 670 as well the VVX 500, 600 and 1500 series.

The only setback for Polycom is still the phone book and the call history, even in version 4.x.

Hopefully this will help some people who're looking for hotdesk solutions.

Regards,

Remco

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.