Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

3CX HTTP API Reports Successful call but no call is made

Discussion in 'Windows' started by dghatch, Oct 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dghatch

Hi all,

I have testing the 3CX HTTP API, the browser (Chrome; both as a $GET and a $POST) reports the following message: "Successful make call from <ext> to <dest>", but no call is made.

I have enabled the extension in question and enabled External calls, all the tests report back a success message, but nothing seems to actually happen. I have run the tests from 2 different computers on the same network, any ideas?

Is there a diagnostic call I can make to the phone system, where it can confirm everything is setup correctly etc?

Thanks for your time.
    David Hatch

2. pj3cx

pj3cx Active Member

Hi there,
    What version/service pack of 3CX Phone System are you running? If not latest please update and see if issue is same.
    Also, what shows the server activity log after call attempt from http api?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. dghatch

Hi,

Version: 12.0.37098.738 SP6.1

Thanks for the pointers. I have been working with someone else to try and get this sorted out, and it turns out that the extension wasn't registered.

After we fixed that issue, the following happens:

When you click the dialer link (in a browser), the 3CX phone system rings the extension, which you answer, and then it proceeds to dial the destination number you are trying to dial.

We are using the HTTP API, is this by design? Or can the system be made to only call the destination number and not call the extension first?

Thanks again for your time.
    David Hatch

4. pj3cx

pj3cx Active Member

Hi there,
    Yes this is by design, it is what we call a "Make Call", where PBX contacts the 2 parties separately and then put the calls together.
    There is no setting to alter this in HTTP API.
    Perhaps you can do more advanced things with Call Control API.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. dghatch

Thanks for your prompt reply. :)

The client is after a system where it only calls the destination number. We are going to be integrating the calls into our own CRM system. Would the http://www.3cx.com/blog/releases/3cx-assistant-tapi/ allow this sort of functionality?

Thanks
    Davfd Hatch

6. pj3cx

pj3cx Active Member

Ok then you have two options to have direct calls from your running 3CXPhone:
    - use the tel: protocol links (needs pro license) + 3CXPhone
    - use TAPI driver from CRM Integration Module (standard or pro) + 3CXPhone

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.