3CX Hunt Group Issue

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by claxtro, Oct 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. claxtro

At least I believe so. First, we are saving lots of money w/ 3CX and could not be happier. The issue: We have 3 PRI's running on a Patton 4960. All inbound to DIDs are working properly to all 3 PRIs to 3CX. What is not working properly is the outbound calls. One of our PRI's is assigned a different set of number prefixes (651.925.xxxx, etc) that's outside our main prefixes of (612.673.xxxx) for the main office; we are bringing in satellite offices and keeping their prefixes local to their community..and we save the money! The issue is when I enable outbound calls for the satellite offices' PRI some of the main prefix calls try to go through the PRI for onlythe satellite offices. When this occurs, our provider sends a message that these numbers (main prefix numbers) are not allowed through this PRI. So long story short: How do I specify in 3CX for certain extensions to go through a specific PRI of a gateway device for outbound traffic? Thanks.

--Rob
    StarTribune Network Engineer.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

You would have to create duplicate outbound rules (one for each PRI trunk group), where the only difference was the extensions (or group) that each rule applied to, and, of course,the destination trunk group.

3. claxtro

How can one differentiate the trunk groups when all one has is the listing of the gateway and nothing more? I understand the extension differential but am unclear yet exactly how 3CX picks outbound PRI's when multiple virtual extensions are allowed to go outbound for a given gateway, in this case a fully supported Patton device. Regards.

4. countrycomp

Instead of having the Patton as single device you need to split it into two devices (same IP, different port)(there are previous posts of this forum as to how to do this) so that the PRI you want to handle differently is on the second virtual Patton device. Then you will have two PSTN devises that you can use for your outbound routes as previously described.

Dave P.

5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

As mentioned, you can't have all of the PRI's set up as one trunk group if you want to be ablr to route calls out on a specific one.

Just take the one PRI with the different numbers, and create a new trunk group that will route to it.

Something like that should have been caught when planning the installation. Speak to whoever set up your PBX and have them re-do the trunks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.