Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

3CX Ideas - Similar posts -- DONE

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by r.towle, Jan 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. r.towle

I have been looking through the posts having a check through to see what else has been suggested, and there are a number of feature requests which have been added multiple times - just worded slightly differently.

Can anything be done about this?

The suggestions I was particularly interested in were the SNMP / active number of lines in 3cx - I found 3 different posts requesting this feature - if they were all in one post - surely the voting would be higher?

Is this something that can only be done by users checking through the posts before posting - or can anything be done 'behind the scenes' to merge similar or identical suggestions?

2. Frank D

Frank D New Member

Re: 3CX Ideas - Similar posts

Great idea.
    This would make the idea section much more effective and usefull both for users and 3cx. It would take some work, but I think it would be well invested.

3. r.towle

Re: 3CX Ideas - Similar posts

I try to keep looking through the 3cx ideas page a couple of times a week to see whats new and whats been requested and I keep finding posts which are pretty much identical.

I feel that if all these similar posts were merged together some or some degree of "search and suggest" when adding a new post - this would help users be able to see similar ideas quickly - and also help 3cx staff to track ideas.

Any likelihood of anything like this happening in the future? I think it would be a huge help for the future of the 3cx ideas page and makes an awful lot of sense.....

thoughts?

4. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Starting from today, we will put some extra effort into organizing the 'Ideas' section a bit more as requested.

It is not something that will happen over night, but expect it over the next few weeks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.