3CX Ideas - Similar posts -- DONE

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by r.towle, Jan 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. r.towle

I have been looking through the posts having a check through to see what else has been suggested, and there are a number of feature requests which have been added multiple times - just worded slightly differently.

Can anything be done about this?

The suggestions I was particularly interested in were the SNMP / active number of lines in 3cx - I found 3 different posts requesting this feature - if they were all in one post - surely the voting would be higher?

Is this something that can only be done by users checking through the posts before posting - or can anything be done 'behind the scenes' to merge similar or identical suggestions?

2. Frank D

Frank D New Member

Re: 3CX Ideas - Similar posts

Great idea.
    This would make the idea section much more effective and usefull both for users and 3cx. It would take some work, but I think it would be well invested.

3. r.towle

Re: 3CX Ideas - Similar posts

I try to keep looking through the 3cx ideas page a couple of times a week to see whats new and whats been requested and I keep finding posts which are pretty much identical.

I feel that if all these similar posts were merged together some or some degree of "search and suggest" when adding a new post - this would help users be able to see similar ideas quickly - and also help 3cx staff to track ideas.

Any likelihood of anything like this happening in the future? I think it would be a huge help for the future of the 3cx ideas page and makes an awful lot of sense.....

thoughts?

4. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Starting from today, we will put some extra effort into organizing the 'Ideas' section a bit more as requested.

It is not something that will happen over night, but expect it over the next few weeks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.