Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

3cx ignores register requests.

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by awinner, Jul 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. awinner

Ive just set up 3cx v10 on my machine, it registers outbound sip providers ok but ignores the requests from my ip phones to register, the 2 phones im using are a siemens 470ip and a cisco 7940. Im using wireshark and i can see the register requests come to my machine but 3cx server just ignores the requests.

In my frustration i set up Axon PBX with identical extension details and I have no problems with the phones registering with Axon pbx on the same machine. (yes, i make sure both Axon and 3CX do run at the same time); Both phone also register with external providers fine.

Any ideas?

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Look at, or port, the 3CX server logs, showing the attempted request ,if it's showing up. There should be a clue, in there, as to why it is failing.

3. awinner

Doesnt show in the logs, interestingly ive discovered accidentally, that rebooting my router allows 3cx to register the phones just after boot once. When the register expires the pbx ignores all attempts to re-register.Nothing at all shows in the logs except the one succesful attempt to register and the expiry.

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If it is only showing once in the logs, and you know for certain that the sets are trying to re-register, then I would suspect some sort of firewall issue on the PC.

5. awinner

Thanks a heap for that, you are absolutely correct. It was windows firewall, even though it appeared that it was allowing traffic to the program it wasnt. I turned of windows firewall and both phones register no problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.