Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

3CX in a "Square" Configuration?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by BA7389, Jul 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BA7389

We have a customer moving from a Nortel Norstar key system that is configured with 8 phones picking up the same 4 lines. Is the same configuration doable on a 3CX?

2. willow

willow Member

I dont not beleive that it can be done as a key system truely like the way that the nortel and other systems do. it can emulate certain things thanks to sla but it is not a true key system.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. BA7389

Thanks....am thinking same.

I don't think it's a great idea anyway, but tough to change their way of thinking.

4. willow

willow Member

expecially when they are that small, getting them to let go of the lines thought process is difficult.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. netswork

netswork Active Member

I think a ring group and shared parking would do the same thing...just a little training.

6. willow

willow Member

the ring group is a work around but what if they would want to forward an actual line or block caller id or something like that that is done on a per individual line basis? on an actual key system you can grab that line and you are actually on that line and not just getting system dialtone.

also some customers that small have a line for specific things such as a side company or something like that. I know you can do it with a dial code and route the calls out that line but they normally don't like it.

7. netswork

netswork Active Member

I see what your saying. I didn't think about it that way, in actually controlling the individual lines. I have not run across a customer with that requirement yet. I have at some labeled the shared park lines line1, line2, line3...so they would not have to grasp so many changes at once.

Other than your dial codes option I dont see how you could grab a specific line.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.