• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Implemented 3CX in Azure MarketPlace

telis

Bronze Partner
Advanced Certified
Reaction score
Upvote 7
I could also use this. I'm seeing more and more clients headed to Azure for cloud infrastructure. It would be nice to be able to park a 3CX instance out there with the other VM's they use.

Reactions: jlinds
Yeah, several of our customers are using Azure and nothing else now. I wonder if there are technical obstacles. I think testing has only been done with Google Cloud and OVH but anything OpenStack based is also supported (I read this somewhere but can't find a link), but Azure is not officially supported.

I may be wrong.

I also saw that in some random threads via Google. I have a couple of opportunities for 3CX where Azure support would make this quick and easy. I could put the time into trying to figure it out - but nobody really wants to deal with an unsupported configuration in the end. Hopefully 3CX can put some time into testing and supporting it. Azure has become a huge cloud player in the past few years. Most of my clients use Office 365 too - Azure is a natural place for them to want to go.

+1 for this. Also maybe create an AWS marketplace package as well?

Agreed with the marketplaces ideas - but for the time being, I'd settle for a 3CX supported configuration running in Azure (running on an Azure VM - regular install).

Has any one managed this yet.

I have had it working on a windows server in azure but will have to have a look at the Debian install, if it is like the other voip platforms out there its just the config of the base install of Debian that needs changing.

You can use Azure if you want, as long as there is a Debian 8 image available. Its just that Azure is very expensive and that Amazon and Google have all this ready but you are free to use Azure if you want.....

Azure is expensive for Iaas but less expensive PaaS. The expense is less of an issue when you are already invested, there are discounts and so on. It would be nice if you added the image to the Azure Marketplace.

Posted in to wrong thread in error!

For a Microsoft Partner with Action Pack you get Azure credit! And so the costs are not the Problem! @Nick Galea

+1

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tammy_53
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.