• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3cx in Datacentre / Phone at office

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaluni

Reaction score
Hi there,

due to WAN performance issues at our office, I installed a 3cx test system at our datacentre. The system works fine when I use the 3cx softphone - but when I try to use our hardphones I am able to connect but I can't hear anything when I get a call or try to dial out.

What do I need to do to get this working with hardphone? Has anyone a hint for me?

I case I have started a toopic that has been discussed befor - ym appologies for that, but I haven't found any topics that would fit this question.

Regards,
Alexander

jaluni said:
Hi there,

due to WAN performance issues at our office, I installed a 3cx test system at our datacentre. The system works fine when I use the 3cx softphone - but when I try to use our hardphones I am able to connect but I can't hear anything when I get a call or try to dial out.

What do I need to do to get this working with hardphone? Has anyone a hint for me?

I case I have started a toopic that has been discussed befor - ym appologies for that, but I haven't found any topics that would fit this question.

Regards,
Alexander
Hello,
No audio or one way audio means:
ports closed
firewall
the best way to solve using stun server
also try to forward all needed ports to the hard phone

Hi there,

I have opended the following ports:

9000 - 9049
7000 - 7499

Which ports are missing? 3cx Firewall tester says "okay" so I am a bit confused....

Cheers,
Alexander

And - forgot to mention sth. When I put the Server into DMZ - so having literally no firewall - I also do not have any sound on my hard phones. On my 3cx softphone it still does work...

Hello,
I'm talking about ports at remote side (hardphones)
try dmz and stun at remote side

If you have access to the settings of the router at the remote "hard phone" end then you will have to make sure that the required ports are forwarded to the (preferably) fixed IP of the set. Make sure it has a unique port too, if you are using 5060 for the softphone then use 5061 for the hardphone. Make sure you have set it to use a STUN server too.

I think I found the problem. In the logs it says the following:

20:29:23.390 [MS105000] C:9.1: No RTP packets were received:remoteAddr=62.143.151.32:38288,extAddr=0.0.0.0:0,localAddr=192.168.1.100:7018

Whatr do I need to configure on a GXP2010 to get it working. Alternative hardware could be a Snom 3xx (300 and 370). I looking into all of this pretty much like a nerd.... :shock: :?

My advice is to get a good SIP-aware router/firewall at your office (on the server side "SIP-aware" routers can cause trouble but on the client side they makes life much easier).

I can recommend Intertex routers for this purpose (http://www.igshop.biz/get_retailers.asp). They are inexpensive and work really well without any manual configuration at all. Before we started to use them we often had problems which could only be resolved with opening/redirecting ports in the router etc. You don't even have to use STUN anymore, the router takes care of this as well.

Regards,

Hi,

On the phone, click on account 1, and select Yes for Nat Traversal in addition to having set the stun server in Advanced Settings.

Let me know if that helps.

Hello to everyone,

okay - I have tried a few different setups. I could not connect the Grandstream - so my Snom did the job. Now I am able to hookup the phone remotely into my 3cx.

What does work:

- I can dial out and it works as it should. So this part looks like a done deal.

Things don't work:

1) When I try to dial from outside and reach one extention on 3cx I don't any ring signs although my desk phone is riniging.
2) When I pickup this call, "me" and the calling party hear nothing...

What could be the cause?

Regards,
Alexander

Hi Jaluni, Did you ever find the issue on your Snom phones when setup as Remote Hard Phones.

The reason I ask is that I have exactly the same issue when receiving incoming calls on the remote site Hard Phone.
Basically the caller and me on the remote hard phone hear nothing.

I have a stun set as demostun.3cx.com
tried phone in DMZ as well - makes no difference.

I would relish any additional info on this.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.