3CX in school setting

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by mrh0n, Aug 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mrh0n

Hey all,

Running 3cx v10 with about 30 504g's and 2 508g's and using patton with 4 analog lines.

Each teacher has there own extension, vmail, and personal ID ( for dial by name directory ), the principal would like parents to be able to call in, hit the DR, and go to the dial by name dir to reach the teachers phone and go straight to vmail ( so they dont interupt the class )...but I need to still be able to call internal. Anyone have any advice on accomplishing this? I feel like I have tried the correct ways to do it but I can never get the internal calls to still work.

Thanks

2. mrh0n

Also....is it possible to transfer from a DR through a bridge?

3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If you are using a multiline set you could have one extension number, with mailbox, for parental access via the DR. And a second number, for internal calls.

Example....Have key 1 as extension 101, key 2 is extension 201. 101 is what you would call to reach the teacher, it rings the phone. Extension 201 would be set to route directly to voicemail (never ring the set). The message waiting indicator would still flash if a message was left in either extensions mailbox. If anyone, even other teachers, wanted to leave a message and not disturb a class, they could ring the second extension number knowing they would go directly to VM.

If the only difference was the first digit, it would still make it easy to remember peoples extensions numbers.

4. willow

willow Member

you may be able to do it with the voice application designer though i have not tried.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.