• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3CX - Include SIP call end reason in Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slowpoke_sama

Forum User
Basic Certified
Reaction score
Hello 3CX community!

Can someone enlighten me about logging and reporting options in 3CX.
I will provide 2 versions of my question - one short one with question only and one with explanations and examples. Main question is the same for both :)
Product version: 3CX 15.5 PRO (latest version,paid license)

This is the short version:
I've been wondering - is it possible to display call termination reason somewhere other then Activity log (mainly CANCEL/BUSY/BYE and other statuses) where it can be normally accessed and viewed by users who generate reports ?

This is the long-read version with explanations:
Why i need that:
Outgoing calls - With current call reports/agent reports or any other report i cannot determine that agent hang up the call before the other side picked up or there was no connection made (destination phone offline/destination phone in airplane mode/destination phone hits cancel or anything else).
Reports section only gives me single status on all those occasions - Failed. Nothing else.

On the other hand - Activity log section with logging level set to verbose (i have not tried lower logging levels, High will probably display this too) gives me more information on call end reason.
Activity log is displaying standard SIP protocol call termination reason when a call is finished (CANCEL,BYE,BUSY and others)
Here are 2 examples of call endings in Activity LOG:

1)10/17/2018 5:07:46 PM - Leg L:6103.1[Extn:%EXTname%] is terminated: Cause: BYE from %server ip here%
2)10/17/2018 5:07:19 PM - Leg L:6099.1[Extn:%EXTname%] is terminated: Cause: CANCEL from %server ip here%

CANCEL = agent ends the conversation on his side before the automatic call end is done (on event of no one picking up)
BYE = Call is ended otherwise

Both of those statuses are displayed as FAILED in reports.

P.S
I believe that this info is very important for reports in Call Centers to improve agent functionality.
I have tried a brief search for similar topics and situations and had no success.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ghisl1
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.