3CX inside a Panasonic phone system

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by luisalonsoramos, Aug 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. luisalonsoramos

Hello,

I recently set up a 3CX installation in one of my offices, and it is working so great that I now want to set it up on my other office. My office is inside a bigger office (that belongs to a another business) that already has an analogic Panasonic PBX, and we have two extensions in here.

What I want to do is to install 3CX on my office, and use those two extensions as my outside lines, and create IP extensions for everyone in here. Our phone line will also go directly into the 3CX installation as a third PSTN line.

If I dial an outside number (9 + something), it should go through the extensions and out of the PSTN lines in the Panasonic PBX. If I dial one of the extensions in the Panasonic PBX (1xx), it should be connected directly to that extension.

I set it up already with the extensions as incoming lines, and mostly had it working quickly. I am having two issues that I don't know how to fix:

a) If I, from the 3CXPhone in my computer, dial an extension in the Panasonic PBX, it just opens the line (I get the continuous tone waiting to dial). Once the call is "connected" I have to dial again, and then it works.

b) If someone from a Panasonic PBX extension dials one of the two extensions in my office, the same happens. They get a continuous tone, and then if they dial again one of my two 1xx extensions, 3CX takes the call and routes it to my IP phones correctly.

If I dial an extension from my 3CXPhone to another 3CXPhone in my office (internal calls), everything works fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks!!

Luis

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. willow

willow Member

it sounds like the analog device is not setup correctly.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

What make of gateway(s) are you using to connect to the Panasonic lines? Can you post a 3CX log showing an example of each of these calls. What sort of outbound rules have you created? Are the Panasonic lines set as DTMF? Incoming calls from the Panasonic PBX to 3CX using a gateway will just go to an extension, ringgroup, digital receptionist etc. Do you have a Panasonic PBX trunk going to an ATA for calls into 3CX? That would be the only way they could dial an extension directly.

4. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

What gateway devices you are using ?
    I would recommend SPA-3102 - works fine, I didn't managed to configure properly the Grandstream GXW-4104 for the purpose.

Note the line voltage from Panasonic is about 29V DC, which could be a problem with some gateways (while standard PSTN line is about 60V). You can adjust the line voltage in SPA-3102 (set the threshold for line-in-use to 18V).

Regards

5. luisalonsoramos

Thanks for all the replies, and sorry for my delay in replying. I was out of town for a few days, and only today I had time to get back to this.

I am using a Grandstream GXW-4104.

Sure, it's attached. Call #15 is:

1. I dialed 113, which is an extension on the Panasonic PBX, from the softphone at ext. 381
    2. It opened the line, and with the line open, I dialed 113 again
    3. Ext. 113 rang, showing a call originating at ext. 112 (which is the one I have connected to the gateway)
    4. I hung up.

For now just one: numbers starting with 1 with a length of 3 go through the gateway without stripping any digits.

I don't know, what is that? How can I check?

Yes, I know. If from ext 113 (in Panasonic PBX) I dial 112, the gateway should answer, route it to 3CX, and then ring a ring group/digital receptionist or whatever I have set up. What happens is that:

1. From ext. 113 (connected to a phone) I dial 112 (connected as one of the "PSTNs" of my gateway)
    2. I get the "waiting for answer", intermitent tone for a second, and then the "please dial" continuous tone
    3. If I dial 381, my softphone rings. If I dial 800, the ring group kicks in and several extensions ring. 381 and 800 are both extensions inside 3CX.

This is Call #18 in the other attached image.

I also have a SPA-3102 gateway. I was trying to set it up and I couldn't get it to work. It registers correctly in 3CX, but:

1. If I dial from the softphone, the call never seems to be routed to the SPA-3102. It never turns yellow.
    2. If I dial 112 from 113, the SPA-3102 page says the PSTN is ringing, but 3CX never sees it.

I agree it might be something with the IPs. I have a 255.255.248.0 subnet in my office, and since teh SPA-3102 doesn't allow that mask, I had to add a second IP to my 3CX server and my computer (with the softphone) for it to work. But I think that is sorted out already.

Any ideas?

Thanks and regards,

Luis

Attached Files:

6. luisalonsoramos

Somehow I couldn't upload the second log. Here it is.

Attached Files:

7. luisalonsoramos

I just fixed the problem with outgoing calls. I changed the stage method to 1 (default was 2-stage) in the Grandstream gateway, and it now works perfectly.

However the problem still happens with inbound calls. 3CX doesn't notice the call until I dial the second time.

Ideas? Thanks!

8. willow

willow Member

I think you need to forward the fxo ports to a desrination on the 3cx after so many rings (or immediately) on the ports

9. luisalonsoramos

In the Grandstream I have only one ring before pickup. But what I see is that after the Grandstream picks up, it gives me (through the "PSTN" line) a dialtone instead of sending the call directly to the 3CX for routing.

How would I have it forward the ports to 3CX like you say?

This is the second 3CX installation and the first time was so much easier :S

10. luisalonsoramos

I just solved the second problem (call from outside would not be taken immediately by 3CX). I changed the Unconditional Call Forward to forward it to 10000+ (the IDs in 3CX of PSTN lines) and immediately it worked.

Now my problem is that I can't hear on the softphone what is said on the outside phone. That used to work, and now it doesn't. Will have to keep trying.

Thanks!!

11. luisalonsoramos

I solved it too. When I made some tests with the SPA-3102, I had to a add a second LAN segment to my network so I could have a 255.255.255.0 subnet (Linksys devices usually limit subnets). I removed all traces of the second network segment (from server and my computer) and everything worked.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.