3CX install with a private IP

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by admin77, Sep 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. admin77

Hi,

Can we install 3CX v15 behind NAT without using a public IP address ?

Thanks

2. 3CXusername

3CXusername New Member

yes

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If 15 is anything like 14, then it won't allow you to go past that installation step until you put something in as you public IP. I put mine (it's not a static IP) in for the time being. That can then be changed ( I use a DDNS service) in the advanced settings section. after the complete install, again, if it is the same as version 14. That IP will show up in a number of settings that will also (probably) have to be changed later.

From version 14 onwards, 3CX is not designed to work with (not supported), a dynamic public IP.

4. admin77

So instead of putting a public IP i am just assigning a private ip address and perform some nat on my router ?

And what about the external FQDN, this needs to be resolving to a public IP right ?

5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I can't be specific about version 15 as I haven't "gone there" yet. On 14 you are given 3 different options about how your network is set up. The option I used was one with no FQDN, which meant that the local IP is used for local devices. However, a bit farther down the road, you are asked for, no, insisted on, a Public IP. I put my current public IP in there, but later changed it to my DDNS URL setting. Again, not supported by 3CX. You will have to see which of the install options works in your case. Pretty much any datafill you enter, can later be changed under (in version 14) Troubleshooting/ parameters.

6. Sopock

Sopock Member

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.