3CX Instance

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by spring, Feb 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spring

Hi, Could anyone tell me if i have one 3CX server with 3 instance so how can each instance connect to ISDN line?
    Thanks,
    Spring

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Define "instance". What type of ISDN, BRI, PRI?

3. spring

Hi Leejor,
    It can be FXO, PRI...ect.

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Are you asking about a 3CX multi-tenant server attempting to access the same ISDN gateway/trunk group?

5. spring

Hi, Leejor,
    The purpose is to have one server with 3 or 4 companies then each company i want to know how they can connect to land line, FXO or E1?
    Do i need to use 1 gateway for 1 company or 1 gateway for all? how this should be done?

6. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

It depends. If you are planning on using the 3CX multi-tenant installation, then unfortunately, each tenant makes use of a different set of ports. That would make it difficult for multiple companies to share the same gateway. If this will be one instance of the 3CX server hosting more than one company, each with their own PSTN number, then that could be done, possibly awkward, but possible.

You would probably want each customer to have their own trunk group for incoming and outgoing calls, so finding a gateway that doesn't force you to configure all PSTN lines into one group. would be needed.
    Look for a gateway that allowed the trunks to be broken into smaller groups, or accessed individually. Some gateways allow this through assignment of a different port to each PSTN line. Some make use of a unique prefix to specify which PSTN line to use.

7. Sopock

Sopock Member

News flash:
    Customers are in no way affected by what happens on other PBX instances

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.