• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3CX INSTANT SUPPORT/DISCUSSION

Status
Not open for further replies.

gbarnes

Reaction score

http://aacnet.eu/3cx

I have designed the above system for users to ask for help or discuss the system. It may take some time to get the experts on there, but bear with me.

You can use text message or voice between users, so you could just listen to whats going on and improve your general knowledge that way also.

Sorry, but only Windows at the moment, but it does work under Linux, using wine.

Sorry!

:lol:

Sorry everyone.. It seems there was a bug in the new user registration that caused a crash. The fix has been applied now, so please download again.

Graeme. :oops:

Post time/date for regular sessions here.

It might be an idea for those requiring live support to post a time/date for regular 'meetings' mabee in several time zones.

At the moment it is not manned 24 hours, but Im sure in time we can sort something out.

My main aim is for installers/updaters to have a line of support while setting up/installing a system or re-configuration in case of questions/help etc.

Maybee even to just request a test call in.

You can also access by telnet (TEXT ONLY - NO VOICE) using aacnet.eu then entering .area 3cx

Question time:

1. is this a 3CX (as in the company) thingy?
2. is there a need for it.

What is not working using:

1. ICQ
2. This forum

See i thought about something like this, or even suggested direct emails but i got bitten in the bum for that :).

It is another forum thingy we have have to look at, I like to keep it central.

For emergency support the "customers" should be able to contact the partner directly via phone (as they are in the same country/timezone).

Support

Its just for discussion in real time. I thought if there were people who know the system, they could help out new users, get started with 3cx etc.

The benifits are voice - like a walkie talkie system, where many people can listen to whats being said and contribute to more complex problems.

Another main benifit is the system uses TCP on telnet port out to server so even on corporate firewalls that block ICQ, Messengers, etc this will work. There is no configuration needed usually. I did think about a sip conference, but this required much more bandwidth and would not be able to host 10 users on this connection.

Also if the software dosent work, you can telnet in (text only)

Obviously not for the general day to day queries on this conference but to discuss plans, fixes, solve very complex problems etc.

We will see how it goes. Maybee it will be usefull.

Hi gbarnes,

Support your idea. I think I can use my limited knowledge to support users who can speak Cantonese and Mandarin, hope can be solved those simple issue faster.

We can also plan to remote access those system if the owner agree. That maybe help to solved the issue much more faster than via forum.

5Q

We can also plan to remote access those system if the owner agree. That maybe help to solved the issue much more faster than via forum.

That is actually happening a lot already but than more via email (as it is more controlled on who is getting into what) We here in the office do that on a day to day basis for SPA's and 3CX installations, it is all web based so that work out really well.

But I can see where you are comming from and it can work for the Free editions I guess.

Ill keep an eye on it and see how you go, for now I stick with ICQ and Mail.

Hey an SIP to SIP call is "free" as it is :).

New version

Hello everyone.

I have solved many probs for new users / free version on the s/w so far, but we still need more people with knowledge to 'man' the system (or have a talk about 3cx or just say hello!), as Im usually asleep when requests come in!

I am in the process of adding (with request) a 'LOG GRAB' feature which will let the log be extracted and viewed, so the live log can be viewed after the users consent, this will be done when the update is released.

And also, pop up on incomming message, so far it does this on PAINT on the board option, so try this to grab attention if there is no reply.

The next version will be posted shortly, when complete, and the log grab will only be with permission from the user who wants to have these 'grabbed' so no problem with privacy ect.

Graeme.

That will be a nice to have for 3CX support.

(you are a smart chappy arn't you).

Its ready..

Just the first beta, it allows a connected user to select SETUP>3CX>SEND LOG to send the sever log to all connected listeners.

Also, it will pop up when text is received as well as voice.

A more refined version will be posted soon, which will allow remote settings to be altered (with permission only!!) simple things first, and see how we get on.

Download from the same link:-
http://aacnet.eu/3cx

Detailed new user instructions.

A few of you have been breaking up with voice. Here are the detailed new user instructions to enable you to get help straight away!

1) Log in and click 'Area' then enter or click on 3cx
2) Goto setup/General and set up speakers/mic settings and RESTART
2) Click on the 'R' icon or click on the text entry box and press SPACE or ENTER to TOGGLE receive and transmit mode. The R icon will change to a T icon.

When you have finished talking click on the T icon or press ENTER or SPACE when the cursor is in the text entry box and the T will change back to R.

(Notice that when you are in Transmit mode, you may have to adust the Silence detection by clicking on the UP/DOWN arrows next to the R/T icon. You will see the flashing bar move left/right, and it is advisable to have this JUST above your audio level when you are NOT speaking.

Its quite easy when you get used to it, but feel free to change to a DUMMY area if you wish to practice/test audio.

Graeme.

Rleblanc

Sorry Rleblanc,

Thats the problem with different time zone! Maybee someone will come on and help you further tonight.

I had a look at your logs, and it appears that it is not registering some times, this may cause your incoming gateway to not ring.

Is this the problem?

I will have more of a look tomorrow, as I missed you on the system and I need to get some sleep now after this hectic Bank Holiday, but I will await your call tomorrow.

Let me know about the outbound rule and whether that fixed it. You can post here or on support (voice)

Graeme.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
damiano giannini
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.