3CX Integrated with ISDN System

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by simo923, May 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. simo923

Hi Guys. I used to use 3CX a while ago whilst carrying out training but its been a while now.

I have come back as i have a new comms problem.

In our current building we have an old Nortel Norstar system, 10 extension with 4 lines coming in.
    Now we have an additional building with no system in but it does have ADSL. What i was hoping to do was install a 3CX system in the new building with 10 extensions, and install a 3CX system in the old building with another 10 extensions. I would create a trunk line between the two so that to the user, it is seamless.

However, first of all, i do not know if it is possible in 3CX to have such a system, and secondly, what hardware would be i be looking at to interface with the ISDN system. We are looking at keeping our original ISDN system in, purely for a backup and also as the incoming gateway for customers that already have our number. I would love to hear any suggestions or anyones experience from interfacing a 3CX PBX with ISDN/Nortel systems.

Thanks.

2. discovery1

discovery1 Member

The problem is that you will have to link the phone systems together somehow - either by connecting the buildings with networking (using wireless point-to-point or cat5e/fibre) or to use an internet connection at each building to link them by the internet.

Can you use a wireless internet provider to get the new building on the internet? You would need a provider that supplies a business grade connection.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

For just 10 extensions and 4 lines, its best to replace the old analog PBX. Keep the analog phones if you want, and of course keep the ISDN lines using an ISDN PSTN gateway. THis is by far the easiest and the best route

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

So the Norstar is an ISDN PBX using a PRI or a key system using BRI, or?

The 3CX could be set up in one location to serve 10 (or more) extensions and then run 10 remote extensions at the other locations off a router. you would have to have ADSL at both locations to run two complete set-ups but this way they are all running off the same board. One licence.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.