3CX Integration with External Database for IVR Functionality

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by mohitjindal, May 30, 2007.

1. mohitjindal

Hi
    Hats off to 3cx for providing such an easy to configure PBX Solution.
    I just downloadded the free edition and had it running without much problems

However I am wondering whether the Digital Receptionist can integrate with external database to provide to read the info from the database and provide it to the user based on the digits/keys pressed by user .

To take a simple example :
    1. User dials the number and gets connected to the Digital Receptionist prompting '' Press 1 for your Account Information ''
    2. User presses 1 and Digi Receptionist prompts ''Enter your Account Number''
    3. User enters the Account Number ( using his phone keys ) and the Digi Receptionist matches the account number in the external accounts database and picks the corresponding Account Balance. This information is relayed to the user using some text-to-speech engine.

I am wondering whether this feature is supported by 3cx because this is quite an essential feature to make a complete IVR system .

Any pointers in this regard will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance .....
    Mohit

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Like it like it lots :).

I am about to get into that playing field, but than to readback weather information.

The way I was thinking to go about this is, forwarding the call to an IVR system.

So I receive a call, press 1 to do this press 2 to hear the weather and 3cx just forwards the call. From the customer point of view it does not sound any different.

I can see why it would be nice in one system, same voice only one set of voices to convert etc.

If you serious, post a feature request in the feature section :).

3. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Thanks for your nice feedback.

However, it sounds like you want to build a voice application.

You should do that using a Voice application generator tool, not a pbx.

4. silentfun

silentfun Member

but if 3cx set up a service where they get the dtmf and give them via a webservice to a other system that send back a voice file we can do any type of information assistance for any thing

like this

3cx get a new call ask the webservice for a voice file:(new dialogue session)

http://www.voice.xx/voicefile.aspx?session=987654321&dtmf=

and the system send a file with "please give your account no." and My3CX play it to the caller

then My3CX analyse the DTMF and ask again for the same session.

http://www.voice.xx/voicefile.aspx?session=987654321&dtmf=9876543

and the system send a file with "now give your pin" and My3CX play it to the caller and analyse the DTMF and ask again

http://www.voice.xx/voicefile.aspx?session=987654321&dtmf=1211

and the system send a file with "Your balance is one great dollar LOL!" and My3CX play it to the caller

and so on as long as the system dont answer then My3CX send Bye or quit

if 3CX need a partner for the other side we will do this part.
    we need the service to give back a balance too.