• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3cx integration with salesforce

Status
Not open for further replies.

dean.cachia

Reaction score
Hello,

We have Salesforce enterprise edition and I have been trying to get 3cx integration up and running but seem to have hit a wall.

We have updated our client 3CX phone app to 12.5 and I've installed the plugin using the steps showed on the 3cx guide:

http://www.3cx.com/docs/salesforce-crm-integration/

No custom fields have been created in salesforce and also inbound calls to 3cx do not launch a browser/contact look up as expected.

I'm running Windows 8.1 on the test machine.

Anyone run into these problems?

Cheers in advance!

Update on this. My salesforce security token was incorrect. I corrected this and tested an inbound call and a new contact screen came up. The custom fields have also been created in salesforce and are working to dial via 3cx.

However, 3cx is now not logging the new contact/look up contact page on inbound calls. I have tested on three pc's and they all have this issue.

Ok, further digging around and I have identified a log file for the 3cx plugin. It looks like 3cx is querying salesforce and failing due to a invalid field but I have checked and the field does exist:

22/01/2015 09:41:35 - Call connected - callType='Inbound' - callId='99'.
22/01/2015 09:41:36 - Error: System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: INVALID_FIELD:
select Id, AssistantPhone, Fax, HomePhone,
^
ERROR at Row:1:Column:12
No such column 'AssistantPhone' on entity 'Contact'. If you are attempting to use a custom field, be sure to append the '__c' after the custom field name. Please reference your WSDL or the describe call for the appropriate names.
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.InvokeAsyncCallback(IAsyncResult result)
22/01/2015 09:41:36 - Error: System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: INVALID_FIELD:
select Id, AssistantPhone, Fax, HomePhone,
^
ERROR at Row:1:Column:12
No such column 'AssistantPhone' on entity 'Contact'. If you are attempting to use a custom field, be sure to append the '__c' after the custom field name. Please reference your WSDL or the describe call for the appropriate names.
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall)
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.InvokeAsyncCallback(IAsyncResult result)
22/01/2015 09:41:36 - An error occurred processing a call connected event: Contact item not found in Salesforce.com

Problem solved.

In salesforce the "assistantphone" field needed to be set to visible for all relevant users under the field security settings. Had to do the same for the "homephone" field.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steffen Ekerdt
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.