Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

3CX integration

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by thefriskychip, Jun 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thefriskychip

Hi Everyone!

We currently have a PRI trunk from AT&T over a T1 connection. We would like to replace our current intertel PBX with 3CX but We are not sure if our current PRI trunk is supported. Also being that I myself am a bit new to 3CX how would i go about setting this up? i plan on running it inside of a VM on one of our hyper-v boxes with a dedicated nic for the VOIP. Another point that i am interested in is skype for 3CX. If we can get out of our AT&T contract i would be open to switching to another carrier. If anyone has any suggestions they would be appreciated.

2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

If you can get out of your contract, I have been using NexVortex as a backup circuit.
    Pricing is good - and you get like 99 "paths" for calls.
    I've seen lots of issues with Skype - especialyl because their current version software is not compatible.

with the PRI you will need a Gateway - recommend Patton. Their tech support is great. If you can get the details of your line from AT&T - you can give Patton a call and they will give you recommendations for the best device.

I would also recommend finding a reseller in your area that could walk you thru initial set-up and recommendations.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. thefriskychip

Okay, I will have to see about the contract. AT&T is a pain when it comes to there contracts.

We do have a Cisco 2811 currently installed and i do know the IP of that aswell as our IP block information. Would that help me at all?

4. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

I am not familiar with cisco products but is it a telephone gateway?
    Goto the Patton website and take a look at what these devices do.

If you can get out of your contract then you just need to poke some holes in your firewall to get VoIP working.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. rbc94

WE have been using nexvortex for all of our inbound and outbound calls for almost a year at both of our offices and haven't had any problems and their pricing and features are great. I would check into a SIP provider is you can.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.