3CX IOS Device Timeout

Discussion in 'iOS' started by TCF, Dec 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TCF

TCF

3CX Info
    -------------------------------------------------------
    V.14 SP2

Device Info
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Phone Model: iPhone
    Generation: 6
    Firmware Version: [4.32.0]
    Jailbreak: No
    Cydia Installed: No

I cannot get my iPhone to connect to 3cx when I'm outside our facility.

Our DNS is configured properly and NSLOOKUP ourserver.com from outside displays the correct ip address. Ports 5090 UDP / TCP are open . Our server acts as a DNS server and has the proper A Records set. An nslookup internally displays the correct local ip address and static ip address.

When I open 3cx Phone it keeps trying to connect and flashes Timeout at the top as the status. 3cx itself is working just fine and we have no issues with our phones.

Am I missing something?

It says Push notification activated. Then says On Hook, Connecting -> Timeout -> Connecting -> Timeout is listed at top ..... One Hook stays at the bottom the entire time. I have opened every port listed in the manual and have even temporarily opened ALL ports to make sure it wasn't my firewall. Does anything need to be setup for the iPhone besides checking the box in PUSH on 3cx, allowing external connections to the extension and turning on the tunnel? We have replaced our original 3CX Server with a standalone server, could the certificate that was generated originally be the culprit since we are on a new server (On v.14 SP2 I now longer see any settings for IOS devices or a certificate location)? Server logs shows that the phone is registered. 3CX also messages me on my phone when I have a missed call. So it seems that part of it is working, it just wont connect, show presence or let me make an outbound call.

02-Dec-2015 10:08:01.677 [CM504001]: Endpoint Extn:309: new contact is registered. Contact(s): [sip:309@100.93.77.150:5060 / 309,sip:309@127.0.0.1:5488 / 309,sip:309@192.168.51.1:5062 / 309,sip:309@127.0.0.1:5488 / 309]

2. complex1

complex1 Active Member

Hi,

Have you also opened Port 80 (5000) HTTP / 443 (5001) HTTPS for 3CXPhone Presence and Phone Provisioning?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. TCF

TCF

Yes. I've went so far as to temporarily put the firewall wide open with all ports opened and it still doesn't connect

4. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi TCF
    From 3CXPhone point of view, it doesn't matter if the server is properly configured: the only thing it matter is the link it's using to connect; if your pbx is properly configured and listening on http://aaa, but the phone is told to connect http://bbb - it will not work.

So, first of all - if your profile has been previously manually created, forget it; delete it, then from the PBX send a welcome eMail;
    Then, the link in the .3cxconfig file coming from the PBX may be outdated (for instance due to a backup/restore, IP/domain changed and so on). Regenerate/resend from the PBX the welcome email, so the .3cxconfig is up-to-date.

If you know the provisioning .xml file on the server, open it with a text editor, then send to your iPhone an eMail containing the myPhonel external link(s). Then, from your iPhone eMail, try to open those links with iPhone's Safari; if even Safari gets a timeout, then you have to figure out where the mismatch between link and your server is.

Hope it helps
    Regards
    vali

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. complex1

complex1 Active Member

Have you tried to connect the iPhone directly to the 3CX server and NOT through the Tunnel?

6. TCF

TCF

It works when on the network, it will not work when using the tunnel.

7. complex1

complex1 Active Member

Sorry, can’t help you. I don’t use the tunnel. To many problems with it.

8. TCF

TCF

I figured it out. Even though 80 / 443 were open I didnt have them forwarded.

9. MichaelB

MichaelB Member
    3CX Support

@ complex when you say you have a lot of issues with tunnel? What are you experiencing just for curiosity.
    Thanks

10. complex1

complex1 Active Member

This is why:
    - Loose connection during a call
    - Most of the time one-way audio
    - The app crashes when a call comes in
    This all, too many times and I always have to reboot the iPhone then this issues occurs.
    So I stop using the tunnel and now I am using the 3CXPhone without it. Everywhere on the world.
    Maybe the software is better now, but because of the issues I had I’ve never tried the tunnel again.
    I am happy with the 3CXPhone as I use it this way.

Best regards.

11. holesen

We are using 3CX System 12, V 12.1.11. I just purchased an iPhone 6S and downloaded the 3CX 12 app. I can't get it to connect. It says connecting in the top left and connecting in office and connecting out of office. The Request for both times out.

I used the provisioning email sent by my IT Administrator.

I didn't have this problem on my Droid Turbo.

Help!

12. AlexanderHanna

Hi TCF, are you using Abyss or IIS?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.