Solved 3CX iPhone/Android client timeout after backup

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by SVanBC, Feb 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SVanBC

Hello

Yesterday I upgraded our PBX to version 15.5 with a clean install. I toke a backup from the old one (15) and restored it when prompted. Everything works fine, except our iPhone/Android clients. These clients get stuck at Time-Out or Provisioning Link not found. This is over cellular.

As far as I remember whe did not have other ports setup on the previous installation.

If anyone has any idea?

Thanks in advance

2. IoannisM_3CX

IoannisM_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @SVanBC

Try sending again the welcome email on each extension and open (using the client) the configuration found attached in the mail.
    Run the firewall checker and make sure that port 5090 is forwarded correctly and that there's no SIP ALG enabled.
    Also perform an nslookup for your FQDN and make sure that the result matches the public IP seen in the PBX

Do you face the same issue internally?

3. SVanBC

Internally everything works fine.

We already tried resending the welcome email but no succes.

It's weird as yesterday everything was working well, yes, even extension registration over tunnel. Now, when upgraded, it simply won't anymore. Kinda weird as nothing changed on our firewall/ports...

4. jimbo59

jimbo59 Member

SP2 or SP3 Beta?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. SVanBC

I've got version 15.5.6354.2 installed

6. IoannisM_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi, @SVanBC

Have you run the firewall checker and also perform an nslookup for your FQDN(resolving to your current public IP)?
    If yes, what are the results?

SVanBC likes this.
  7. SVanBC

Okay, forgive me for this...

We are on a campus where we have two connections; fiber and coax.
    At the install, 3CX detected the fiber IP but the traffic is send over the coax...

This explains why suddenly after the backup no connection from the outside was possible as the mappings from WAN IP to LAN where different.

My bad :(

8. IoannisM_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Glad that we detected the origin of the issue then!

I don't exactly what is the current configuration of your network, but from what i understand the PBX has your fiber's WAN public IP, the FQDN resolves to the fiber's WAN IP but all the I/O traffic routes through the coax's WAN IP.

If this is the case then i suppose you have two options. Either changing your mappings or just reinstall the PBX using the correct WAN IP

9. SVanBC

Indeed, this was the problem.

Infact, there was no need to reinstall the software. Under 'Network' I was able to change the settings from 'Dynamic' to 'Static' and changed the IP address. Easy as that! ;)

10. IoannisM_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Yes that could do the trick too, but i didn't know what is your network's exactly configuration though so not sure if it was going to help! Glad that we sort this out!! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.