3cx iPhone External Questions

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by bboyd, Feb 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bboyd

Hello All,
    I am a bit confused on the app and had some questions on both. I am trying to find something (If there is) that will allow me to use our 3cx system externally. Mainly just transferring calls to others than having the "Ring My Cell" setting going on. It works great but people just can't comprehend that you can be away from the office and still be answering the office phone. With the ring my cell i'm getting all the operators phone calls and am having to tell people to call back and call a direct extension number. If there was a way for me to transfer the call using the iPhone app or similar features it would be great. If someone could point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

I do not think it possible given the scenario. You can do a three way with the cell, but the second you (being the cell) drop the line (as in a tranfer), the overall connection will drop as the cell phone, being in the middle, was also the focal point that allowed for the 3-way to occur.

The sceanrio is that a call comes to you via the cell. In turn, you call the office which is then routed back to the office via a land-line method (PSTN or SIP trunk, etc.). You then add the original caller which then becomes the 3-way. The switching technology does not (yet) exists such that you (being the cell) can back out of the connection and the two carrier systems (the originating caller and now the office) carrying the distinctly different routes can then dynamically reroute themselves to maintain the connection. There would need to be some signalling and negotiation for the systems to know that a transfer is desired rather than a disconnect, but the industry is not there.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.