• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

3cx iPhone to Mitel 5000

Status
Not open for further replies.

philh

Reaction score
We currently run a Mitel 5000 phone system and are trying to connect an iPhone using the 3cx phone app. It connects and works internally but i am unable to get it to connect out of office.

Do i need to use the 3cx tunnel?

The screen just says 'unable to register', 'no tunnel'. I connect using our external IP on port 5090.

I have opened port 5090 and port 5060 on the firewall.

any help gratefully appreciated.

First of all, the tunnel option, is for use only with the 3CX PBX, so turn it off. The Tunnel on the 3CX PBX makes use of port 5090, so you don't need to open that.

If the Mitel PBX allows other SIP devices to register remotely, and the work correctly, then using the same settings (port number, server address, etc., in the 3CX iPhone should allow it to work.

based on the sip fields are RFC compilant

Thanks for the information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ghisl1
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.