3CX iPhone V.1.0.23 - Keep Alive Issue

Discussion in 'iOS' started by nakanet, Oct 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nakanet

Device Info
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Phone Model: iPhone
    Generation: 3GS
    Firmware Version: 5.0
    Jailbreak: NO
    Cydia Installed: NO

Issue Info
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Handset: Phone
    Contacts: Local
    Connection: Wifi
    Server: External

This is the famous 3CX iPhone app to keep conect to the 3CX server even when the iPhone goes to sleep.
    I know that the support team has reported that after sometime, the iPhone Wifi conection goes down, unless the device is externaly powered (thing that I unfortunately could not replicate in our enviroment but even keeping the iPhone connected to the power supply, the 3CX app still keeps dropping and outting the extension off-line and unavaiable to receive calls...), but I have a good experience that can help others with this issue and even the 3CX development team to solve this unconfortable issue.
    I´ve installed another SIP softphone app called AGEPhone from ageet Corporation (avaiable on AppStore) because I use this app to make international calls using a pre-paid service called Brastel.
    But this app allows me to use the pre-paid service and also, allows me to set-up up to 2 other VOIP accounts.
    So I´ve decided to try setting up me 3CX server account to this app and surprisely EVERYTHING GOES SOMOOTHLY LIKE SILK, with no troubles with non-persistent or dropping connections and all other inconvenients actually found on 3CX softphone app.
    The only demerit of this ageet Corp. app is that the transfer function (function that is native on 3CX app) MUST BE BOUGHT SEPARATELY from the app (that actually is free of charge). Today ageet Corp. has lauched the new version of the app on AppStore and solve itthe sound issues when using their app under iOS5, but with the update, everything works just fine.
    I want to unify and use only 3CX applications (not mixing 3CX, with other softphone apps) because 3CX app has very nice interface and function capabilities, but this keep-alive going dead (even when the multitasking feature is on, and all other instructions and suggestions posted here in the forum were strictly done) is very annoying.
    Maybe taking a quick look in how this ageet Corp. app works can give hints to solve this issues on 3CX app.
    By the way, using this agget app, the connection with our 3CX server are on-line 24 x 7 without interruptions, and the calls are received as a standard phone call is received when iPhone is locked and sleeping....
    And what about the new 1.1.0 version of the 3CX app ? When it will be released ? I ask this because Android 3CX app has received a lot of updates but the iPhone ones is frozen in 1.0.23 for a long time !!
    Regards

Eduardo Nakagawa
    Director
    Nakanetworks Japan

2. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

At this moment, 3CXPhone 1.1.2 is "in review" at Apple; when approved, we will announce.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.