3CX is blocking certain numbers

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by AdamF, Mar 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AdamF

I've been using the free version of 3cx for a couple of months now. It is hosted on a VPS on vultr.com and I'm getting my SIP Trunk from DIDLogic.com.

I have about 10 clients that I know of, that when they call, 3CX rejects the incoming call. There is no record of the attempt in the log or anything that I can find in the system. The only way I know it happens is that didlogic rolls over the call to the next sip account. On my IP phone, I have to accounts. The first is with 3CX, the second is direct to didlogic. 90% of my calls ring both, but whenever it's one of those numbers, it only rings direct from didlogic. It is consistent and only those numbers. The problem is that I can't exactly call those clients and ask them to trouble shoot with me.

So far, I've tried creating a new sip account with didlogic. I created another 3cx server and migrated everything over to it. I've looked at the numbers that are trying to call me and they are from all different service providers. Some are wireless, some voip and some old copper. the area codes are different, but some are the same as mine.

Any thoughts?
    -Adam

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If you don't see any logs of the incoming calls in 3CX, then you will have to enlist the help of your provider, to tell you what they see happening to the call(s). Was an attempt made by them to send the Invite, was there no response from 3CX??

3. AdamF

I'm not sure what you mean by sending the invite, but I did work with them quite a bit. They first thought it was certain providers that were blocking the calls from going through. Once I setup a direct SIP account to an IP phone and it went through, they said it was the fault of 3CX. I hired a freelancer to look at my setup and he couldn't figure out any problems. I figured I would post here and see if there were any ideas.

4. GiannosC_3CX

GiannosC_3CX Guest

Hi ,

You can run the wireshark and take a capture on your server to verify if your provider sends the call to your server. If yes then you need to check on your server side, if not then you need to check the communication between 3cx server and provider.

5. JasonNadeau

JasonNadeau Member

Your provider might be using a user-agent that's blocked by default in 3cx .. as others mentioned wireshark is the best way to troubleshoot this, it's not that hard ... maybe hire a better freelancer ? ;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I'm assuming that the trunk (connected to the provider) shows up as registered.

When they receive a call destined for you, they will send an INVITE to your PBX, it will then respond, this would be the log you would normally see, along with where the call routes within 3CX. You are under the impression that certain, but not all numbers, never reach you, and that there are no signs of those calls in the 3CX log.
    This suggests that those numbers are somehow being blocked, or rejected by your provider. You provider should be able to go though their logs to see what has actually happened with one of those calls, or if they even received them, to begin with.

You may have to have one of the affected callers, attempt a test call, while you have your providers tech support on-line. It might end-up being a number porting issue.

7. AdamF

Thanks guys, I'll look into it more and let you know what happens

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.